ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   Quad for girlfriend? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/131760-quad-girlfriend.html)

FarmStud 01-04-2004 03:31 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

Right now she rides on the back of my Raptor. I think she would have a good time on her own quad. She's about 5'9", 110 pounds. She probly doesn't want a manual clutch, and it should be easy to handle. I don't want to spend a lot, $2000 or less. I like the 250ex or z250, I also looked at Polaris trailblazer 250's, but they look a little big and bulky for her. Just something that would get around in the sand OK. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

kawasaskirules 01-04-2004 03:38 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

kawasaki mojave manual clutch or a blaster thats the only things i can think of with a manual clutch

LT250Rodney 01-04-2004 03:56 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

I do not know the prices on the two machines, but depending on the price difference between the EX & the Z, I'd go for the Z. And if I'm not mistaken a trailblazer is a two stroke isn't it? If shes new to the sport its likely a good idea to get her something simple (no mixing gas, just gas up and go).
Also, if you can find one, an LT230 would be a good mount too, thats what my ladyfriend rides and she can keep up just fine.

CTATV 01-04-2004 04:35 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

yea i agree she will probably like her own quad. the trailblazer 250 is not premix it has a oil tank and gas tank. Id say in the sand the 250 aint a bad choice. you can find them for cheaper because they have been around for a while. they are automatic and that 250 2-stroke is peppy. if you slapped some dune tires on it she would have a blast in my opinion. you also can get the best bang for your buck on aftermarket if she wants some more go somewhere down the road. throw a clutch kit, pipe and intake on that and you'll lively it up because everybody knows a 2stroke gets a bigger performance boost from pipe. my friend had a 4x4 with the same polaris 250 in it and it was a peepy engine. nothing that a beginner couldnt handle and it has the four wheel single lever breaking. Thats what i'd get for her. Auto is nice sometimes especially in sand cause on your raptor you may have no problem keeping the RPM up when you switch gears but with auto you can just jam the throttle and keep on revving. I have a trailboss 325 i use around the yard and the two stroke is a lot peppier and faster than mine. almost forgot to add: they may be a little bigger but that also means they're unstable. my polaris is based on the same frame and you practically gotta try to flip it unless your going down some hill sideways

reconranger 01-04-2004 05:40 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

What do you mean by "manual clutch"? Does that mean just hand clutch, or does that include autoclutch?

One of the 250's if she is willing to ride an autoclutch. Better yet, teach her to hand clutch, and get a Blaster. If she has to have a full auto, she won't be keeping up with the Raptor on a Breeze.

FarmStud 01-04-2004 06:07 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

I mean I think it would be easier for her to have an auto-clutch or full auto. She can drive use a manual clutch in a car fine, but I don't think she needs one on a quad. I should just make her drive my Raptor and my dad's kodiak to see what she prefers, but she's a little intimidated with mine.

mdyjeepgrl 01-05-2004 12:23 AM

Quad for girlfriend?

Maybe a kawasaki lakota sport. It has pretty good power for being a auto-clutch.

Thor916 01-05-2004 04:31 AM

Quad for girlfriend?

Like said before, if she can use a clutch, that is the best way. The Blaster is a great option because you can get really, really nice used ones for less than 2000 bucks. I know both men and women who ride them and they love them. The are very quick and seem to be a great quad for the buck. For an auto tranny, the cost may be more than what you want to spend but the cheapest auto tranny I have seen are the Scramblers, which are 2 strokes, and they are not that big for a smaller lady to handle. The 250ex and Z are going to be more than 2000 in most cases, at least in california.

SuzukiZ250Kid 01-05-2004 06:46 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

If she wants a auto-clutch I'd have to say the Z250 considering her size. I'm 5'8", 120lbs, and can handle it with no problem. Its the perfect size for me. I didn't like the Polaris' because they were too big and heavy.

FarmStud 01-05-2004 06:59 PM

Quad for girlfriend?

Thanks everyone, maybe I will surprise her for her birthday. Its just hard to find something reliable thats not a lot of money.