Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Any Twin Peaks riders out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Twin Peaks riders out there?

hey, i just picked up my blue twin peaks today. been out in the snow and mud. awesome machine. i've been racing hondas for years and this is my first utility machine. love it so far. terrific power and a sweet suspension. that was one of the reasons i bought a twin peaks. the rear shock is like a racing shock. happy so far.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, congradulations. I herd from my dealer here in town, a blue one came in today, if they would only deal, I would have been riding mine this weekend too. I gues I will have to wait for the one I have the deposite on in oklahoma. It has to be getting close. I just cant bring myself to pay an extra thousand bucks have it today.

I see you found out the same thing I did with my P650, the suspension is realy nice. It has a real sporty feal to it for a utility quad. The rear setup is what makes it different from all those other big bore IRS quads.

Old 03-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok, i gotta' share this. my twin peaks is fast. not a little fast, but very fast. i don't want to beat it before it's broken in, but with all that power, a little goose of the throttle is in order. wow! suspension is superb for stock. it's about time the manufacturers got on that. i had to file off a small pin on the throttle assembly to get my thumb in the right place(some race habits never die).

if you're looking for a big bore utility, this is the one.
also, i got mine for 6250 at my dealer. plus 600 for the 4 year warranty. and new york state sales tax...well, i won't go there.
have a blast, keep the rubber side down.

Old 03-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

where in Ny do you live ?

Old 03-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

i'm near norwich.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

gmansez, welcome to the forums. Always good to get a new Zuk rider. My buddy just got the p650 and it is fast, we rode the 700s too but the dealers round here said they coulcdn't get enuf 700s so they wont deal.

Check the Kaw forum and the p700 and p650 mods. Get the black spring, that seems to be the most cost effective mod ($25) with a great difference in performance.

Old 03-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on your Twin Peaks purchase!
For more performance do the Nyroc Muffler Mod (free), re-jet ($2), and get some real tires. The black spring is worth the trouble also.

Old 03-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

I finaly got my blue one yesterday. I ordered a new CDI for it last week. I expect to have the CDI by the end of the week. I only road it for about an hour and a half but I think its going to be stronger than my modded P650. I only got on it for a few seconds a time or two after the first hour. Its hard to resist the temtation of airing out. From what I can tell so far its stonger though the mid range and about the same on the bottom, dont know about top end yet

Old 03-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Lets see some pics off them blue ones, all of us have been waiting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

my blue one is definately taken on more of a moab hue. lol. i'll take some pics this week and post them. this machine will wheelie from a standstill. unbelievable power. and the suspension is sweet. lovin' every minute of it.

Quick Reply: Any Twin Peaks riders out there?