Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Looking at buying a vinson 04, comments on good the bad and the ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying a vinson 04, comments on good the bad and the ugly

i love mine, couldnt ask for a better bike, look at my pics of my vinny, and my list of mods to it.

honestly grizzly 660's p700, and sp600/700's can catch me and i love it they hate it, thats a fact, the power that this thing has makes it able to beat the big bores, and still be agile at the same time, mudds with the best of them, espacially with the DGL.

v581

get a vinson, and you will never look back.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Range Rover

I am impressed with the Vinson styling and performance for the $. Though Honda Rincon looks the most stylish to me, just can't afford it.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think the Honda Rincon is gonna be the next big change for ATV's from everything I have read and heard it is suppose to be an awesome bike, but yep the price keeps anyone I know from buying it!

Thanks for all your help, friends bought a Polaris, just couldn't get enough pros and cons on the Vinnie this sort of worried them as maybe this bike just hasn't been around long enough to get any constructive feed back.

Ride hard and stay safe!

Piigpen

Old 03-24-2004, 12:42 PM
Range Rover

Polaris is a good choice! And you are right , prices keep going up, I for one , don't think any quad is worth more 5K

Old 03-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: piigpen
Why can't anyone get a straight answer on this site about there bike? You all seem to want to run other bikes into the ground but don't want to say what led you to purchase your Suzuki?
P.
1) Quality. Suzuki=First on Four Wheels
2) Capability
3) Styling
4) Price
5) It's a bad mo fo!

I have an Eiger, but I'm sure the Vinson qualifies on all of those counts. I just didn't want a water-cooled bike. Call me crazy.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

I love it.... I have a 03' 5 speed Manual. Exellent machine......Stock tires do suck though... I would replace them ASAP when you get it.... Go with a 4 or a 6 ply tire.
The only thing that i have heard bad about these machines is that they eat up break pads.... So when you replace you stock ones go with a high quality replacement.
Mine are still fine.
Definetly get Bumpers on the front and the back to protect all the plastic. Dont buy them at the dealer though..... go to ronnies.com or check on e-bay.

Vinnies rule for all out muddin fun and trails.
Good luck

Old 03-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

Well,

I seem to be a little late here since the person who asked the question already went out and bought something else.

I had originally wanted the Eiger because of it's simplicity and good power, features, and to be honest price. I liked the Vinson, b/c I really wanted around a 500cc bike but didn't want to pay the new cost. I ended up finding a barely used Vinson and jumped on it. I love the bike so far, smooth ride, comfortable, good speed, decent handling and what seems to be good power.

From what I can see, everyone makes a good bike, and also everyone has their opinion, and I think everyone has one that they "identify" with. I've always been drawn to Suzuki, and I think they have a reliable history, so I think I made a good decision for me.

If the independent suspension is a must for you, go somewhere else, if the locking differential is a must for you go somewhere else. But if you're just an average rider, who trailrides some, hunts some, works some, hauls some, I think Suzuki makes a great bike.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

Koondog, you hit the nail on the head, right on!

Old 03-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Amen, brother!

Old 03-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

piigpen the vinson is a great machine, and imo the best atv on the market. It will do it all and do it well. Its got amazing power for a 500, its the best handeling 4x4 on the market, rides smooth, has a great dash, great lights, and last but not least suzuki reliability. Its also at a great price compared to the rest of its class and will swing with the big boys that cost way more. Now for the ugly parts which are few and fare between. The nose is all plastic, but thats easy to fix by putting a bumper on it. I dont hesetate a bit to just push logs and anything else in my way around with the suzuki bumper it have on mine. Second there is no front locker, angain not a big deal if you know how to ride. The limited slip diff on the vinson is accualy the only stock limited slip iv ever seen on an atv that works like it is sopposed to, and even when one wheel dose stop spinning just grab the front brake and the diff will engagethat wheel. Any way you look at it i love mine and so does everyone else that rides one. Iv had two people sell what they were riding and buy a vinson after riding mine, One of them was riding a grizz.

Quick Reply: Looking at buying a vinson 04, comments on good the bad and the ugly