Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Newbie Eiger Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Eiger Owner

I recently purchased a 2004 Eiger Auto. I've done a few mods already: ITP 589 M&S tires with C-Series wheels, 2.5 Warn winch and skid plates. After reading some posts, I'll get the in-line fuel filter as that seems to be a "must" mod. Looking to see what other engine mods you guys have done. I did a lot of research before I bought it and so far it's been a great machine. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 03-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

I looked for some info on engine mods for the Eiger than people had installed and the only mod I found was a filter/re-jet. I have some mods on order (see signiture below). Don't know when they are gonna be here, pipe is on backorder still! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

No complaints on the machine by me, it's a great quad! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

Old 03-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Range Rover

Congrats on the Eiger, I don't think you will be disappointed. In-line filter a must. I am waiting for MuddyEiger to do his mods to see how it performs/improves. How much did the Warn winch costt you??

Old 03-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

You should talk to your dealer about hooking you up with a winch. I got a Warn 2.0, all my mounting accessories, and insallation for $400 otd. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Old 03-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

I want to get some C-series and 26" Mudlites first, but the winch is on my birthday list.

Old 03-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

It was right around $400 installed including the mounting bracket. I used it this weekend for the first time to pull a Raptor that was in a mud-pit almost up to the handlebars. It pulled him out with little effort.

Old 03-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Range Rover

I guess I better get one, you never know when you'll have to pull a Yamaha out.

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

Ya the Eiger is a great quad and I can reasure you that you have made an excellent purchase. It's the fastest 400 4-stroke pulling 58mph and with the High/Low Range and 4X4 you have one helluva versatile quad! ENJOY!

Old 03-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

If yer into speed, it will outrun a 450 Rancher and run away from a 360 prairie. The only thing that has stopped mine was a good size tree (Ican run over the smaller ones [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) and deep enough in mud that shes sitting on the skid plates. If you ride alone a winch is mandatory!

This machine is still fairly new and the aftermarket hasn't caught up to it yet. But there are some things coming. I think the people who are really into the heavy duty mods are buying the Vinnies. Also the price seems to be a reason why so many people buy the E in the first place, so that leads me to believe that Eiger owners are a little tighter with their money. Most of us seem to do a lot of research since we want good value for our money. Once Muddyeiger gets his mods completed we will all be jumping on the mod bandwagon. (prolly one piece at a time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

The Eiger performs so well and there are only a few times I felt I needed more power. The main thing I did to mine was to make it more user friendly. I installed auxilliary lights on the front and back, aluminum skid and cv guards, winch, heated grips, horn, bag, and am working on a reverse rev limiter override. (less then $50 total!)

Old 03-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum, Stell!! Always glad to meet a fellow eigerer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Newbie Eiger Owner