Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

1300cc racing quad???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1300cc racing quad???

No, for the record a Haybusa engine can exceed 200hp with out a turbo with some work. Moto gp bikes have 1000 cc engines and no turbos and produce between 220hp and 230hp.

If you are talking stock then you are correct about 155-160 hp at the rear wheel. a little work will get you an additional 10-15 hp. You'll need to open the engine up or add NOS or a turbo if you want more.

Look at my pictures and you'll see my Hayabusa.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Curls
No, for the record a Haybusa engine can exceed 200hp with out a turbo with some work. Moto gp bikes have 1000 cc engines and no turbos and produce between 220hp and 230hp.

If you are talking stock then you are correct about 155-160 hp at the rear wheel. a little work will get you an additional 10-15 hp. You'll need to open the engine up or add NOS or a turbo if you want more.

Look at my pictures and you'll see my Hayabusa.

If you re-read my post you will see that I put the word (stock) at the end of my first line. Considering my background with streetbikes, I am well aware of what the 1300cc suzuki is capable of, as well as motoGP bikes.

Take a look at the new Kawasaki ZX-14... we have a new king. (king of the "all speed with no regard for looks or handling" contest, anyways)

Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

The turbo'd busas (i've heard em called the "Turbusa") would be a sweet engine to drop ina quad. But thered haftabe some kind of issues with safety. It'd be insane, that kind of acceleration on dirt, doin jumps, that sort of thing.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

MR350X,

Really how can you have any real experience with streetbikes. I didin't see a single Suzuki listed. I saw an underpowered overweight Honda twin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2005, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Curls
MR350X,

Really how can you have any real experience with streetbikes. I didin't see a single Suzuki listed. I saw an underpowered overweight Honda twin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Well, I can offer comment on that one. Matter of fact, a Suzuki is the only brand of big 4 streetbike I have NOT owned. I tend to stay clear of the fragile, problem prone suzuki's. (when they gather some miles)

I did however sell a modded Yamaha R1, before I picked up the RC51.

You see, I wanted a racing machine. The RC is, well... an RC. It is a true racebike. Its uncomfortable, loud, heavy, runs hot, hates traffic, ect.
But its fast. It corners like no other machine Ive ever owned. Its brakes are so powerful, its scary. If feels more planted and stable going 140 around
a fast freeway bend, than going 70 in a straight line. It will take more of a beating and abuse than probably any other streetbike, let alone a suzuki. Its heavy because it is built to be a tough, abuse withstanding, AMA and World Superbike winning racebike.

And if you have ridden a stock one, then yes... slow.

However, with its exhaust, powercommander, and Kyle Racing map, im sure it would give my old R1 a good run for its money. The PCIIIr Map from Kyle Racing made the biggest difference in power/torque I have ever seen with any mod on any bike. (and the biggest dent in fuel milage)

The Hayabusa has its place in motorcycle history... but on a curvy road or racetrack, it is not. Any schoolbus can have lots of cc's and power... and any yuppie can twist the throttle. Whats impressive about that?

ps. The RC will reach 170+ mph. hardly slow... (maybe not a completely stock one, the stock exhaust and mapping is fuel efficient and conservative)
another note, take a look at my avatar. That is the first and last suzuki I will ever own. To be fair, my brother has a mint, low hour LT250R that has been reliable.

Edit> I have to say this. Maybe it can help, if viewed the right way, by the right viewer. The saying goes like this: (I fly helicopters... by the way)

people fly airplanes, pilots fly helicopters

I like to think of the Hayabusa as... well, a fast airliner.... maybe a 747-400. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]