Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How's the Bills Pipe for the LT500R???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's the Bills Pipe for the LT500R???

Guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has used the Bills pipe and what they thought of it?
I currently have the FMF, but have heard not so good things about it on here. What other pipes are out there, that won't break the bank getting one of them??

Old 07-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

the hmf is good and fairly cheap.

i wouldnt use a bills pipe in may look bad on the bike due to thebuffalo bills poor preformence lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

the bills pipe sure would be better than the HMF lol...come on now...hmf doesnt make 2 stroke pipes!!!iv heard the lrd system is the best for the zilla but its expnsive the next best would be paul turner, both blow fmf away.
scott

Old 07-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

ur right. my bad. pro circuit pipes are pretty good, but theyll cost u a shiny penny.

Old 07-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Pro Circuit doesnt make pipes for the zilla.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

I had an LRD for a short period of time. I believe it to be simply a mismatch of parts, but I didn't care for the pipe at all. Made my Zilla fleet "flat" with NO bottom end and less top end than a Cobra Pro Series pipe from 1991! I bought the pipe NEW last year for $350 and sold it on Ebay with 2 hours on it for $500! Apparently somebody like's these pipes. I spoke with LRD about the so called adjustment in their pipes and was told it was merely a way to make the pipe fit the frame better. I currently have a new, never installed FTZ drag with silencer to either try on my bike or sell to someone who can use it.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well...I guess I need to explain what my intent on the machine to be.
Trails and open fields no jumpin or anything extreme just a good around fun time.
So what kind of pipe should I get that won't cost an arm & leg??? I don't wanna spend
more than $500 on the system, just to have fun messin around, I would if I was racin,
but thats not the case.

Trending Topics

Old 07-09-2004, 12:25 AM
US Army lifer

Out of the four Zillas I have owned, one was stock, one had a DG National pipe, and two had FMFs. I am a big fan of FMF's products, but I have to admit that their 500 pipe leaves a lot to be desired. I was geniunely impressed with the DG. Good, strong bottom, nice midrange, and more over-rev than the FMF. I think their chrome pipe is the same pattern as the unplated National like I had. If you get one, you may have to "massage" it to get it to fit, but the're a good overall setup.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZillaRider02
I spoke with LRD about the so called adjustment in their pipes and was told it was merely a way to make the pipe fit the frame better.
Made my Zilla fleet "flat" with NO bottom end and less top end than a Cobra Pro Series pipe from 1991!
??? LRD Said that??? Hmm, not the case at all. The adjustment changes the size of the midsection/belly of the pipe, which in turn changes your RPM range in which the pipe functions the best.
or to be technical:
The length of the belly section determines the relative timing between the negative and positive pressure waves. The timing of the waves is determined by the length of the straight pipe (belly). If the belly section is too short, positive waves have a shorter distance to travel, and return to the exhaust port sooner. This is good if the engine is running at a higher RPM, less desirable for low end power.

I too have experienced the 'flat' feeling with my LRD pipe... Tinkering with timing and exhaust valve adjustment has made good improvements in the mid-range, while the top end absolutely screams..

I still think I can build a better pipe... but the LRD unit is a good performer, as is the Paul Turner.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

69HEMIGTX,
Hey I was just looking at the DG pipe and was just about to ask you all about that one as well,
Thank you for mentioning that one! I think I'm gonna try that pipe at $195 you can't go wrong
IMO, DG's been around for along long time, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy their pipes.Just because
it doesn't cost an arm and a leg doesn't mean it's a junk performer. I will try it.Oh buy the way
what did you {if you remember} have yours jetted to if it was aftermarket carb forget it cause
thats what I'm using. Thanks though guys...I like opinions!

Quick Reply: How's the Bills Pipe for the LT500R???