Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Some Q's about the King Quad 700

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Q's about the King Quad 700

I agree that the move to the KQ would be lateral at worst (power wise). Like most as I become older (gasp) features are becoming as important as power,the EFI is without a doubt the biggest reason I would change with IRS being second.You mentioned something earlier about them borrowing ideas and apply them to one machine...I agree.I think the cylinder being tilted is an idea borrowed from Yamaha and the Kodiak and it is a good one.
I know you were taking about effiecency and I agree but I am from from the (no subsitute for cubic inches) crowd.
Or in this case cc's LOL
02 650 camo

Old 08-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

So Nyroc, are you going to be switching over to a Suzuki when this beast is released? Another question I have about this new machine is because of my love for Kawasakis idea on the Prairie/Brute Force. Is the locker on the KingQuad going to be by any chance a pull-lever like on the Kawasakis or is it going to be electronic? Electronics are great for simple, push-button ease, but I love the Kawasaki manual diff-lock. A more reliable locker and you don't have to be stopped or going so slow to engage it that you lose momentum in the mud.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

I like the Kawasaki diff lock best. I think the King's diff lock is like a Grizzly. I know that can be overridden, but I ddo not use the locker enough to be concerned.

I will be keeping my 650 for a while, so I guess I will be a mixed race couple for a while. I hope to invite some friends that do not ride so I can persuade them t get one. How about that? "Here ya go, ride my 650 this weekend". That is definitely better than inviting someone to ride when all you let them ride is an old honda foreman or something that won't keep up, ride well, or handle well.

I will not be deleting the tech tips for the kawi. The worst I would ever do to the tech tips is transfer them to kisssofdeath's website. Not that transferring them to him is a bad thing, I am just saying I wouldn't want to just throw all that info out and leave people hanging.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MooseUnit
eh all u got to do is get spacers from HL. That should help right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I haven't heard too many good things about spacers. They say they put strain on the some of the parts in your rear end. They aren't going to help out handling too much as far as sliding the rear end on an IRS quad. They are more for keeping your machine out of the ruts in heavily-mudded areas that most machines must plow through. Plus they hurt the mud protection that your fenders supply by putting more of the tire outside the fender.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

That kind of turns me off about the locker being similar to a Grizz because my friend that has a 2003 Grizzly gets nothing but trouble from his electric 4x4/diff-lock system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Plus you have to be stopped which kills precious momentum in the muck.

Old 08-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Red gob, I like the kawi system better. I like the grab and go.

However, that KQ system would be an easy one to disable. We need to be smart of we do it, because it can prevent steerng (Doh!).

Old 08-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Range Rover

watvhilljack..i wasnt completely dissing single cylinder motors...so chill before i spoil your a$$ with my foot....if you read my sig you'd see that i own a single...z400 and i love it..i was simply stating that nine times out of ten 2 equally sized motors..1 being a single..the other a twin the twin will have more down low....and as for me not being able to ride a single without going doodies....come to my hood and try...just try doing a 120mph wheelie on one of your quads while im doing it on my gsxr750...we'll see who's droppin brownies then hick.

Old 08-31-2004, 04:19 PM
Range Rover

ok here we go....first off i am not bashing anything so no one get their panties in a bunch...........i am just trying to point out the obvious...
i dont care who knows someone that knows someone whose cousin rode a pre production kq...no one else has gotten to ride it...so how are going to make judgement...we didint put our a$$es on it..i think this i feel this comparisons....to other quads.....numbers can tell you one thing but its all in how it performs in the real world...anyways...if this supposed ride on a preproduction model really happened i wouldnt put to much stake in it anyway...preprod models usually have changes done it might've not even been exactly what is going to be released to us...and as for numbers....i havent seen anything about the kq that makes it outstanding...irs?..been done repeatedly...we'll see if its better than the best irs right now(rincon)
...700 efi?....been done(polaris)....600+lbs..hmm not to much lighter than any other kaw/suz 700...locking front diff? been there too already.....magic steerable 3rd headlight..
(our 3 year old foreman has one).....clearance and suspension travel...a.c. and brutes got it beat there too.....basically i see nothing new here...just the bored engineers stealling some already proven ideas that might be the good or might just be a kinda fast...middle of the pack runner...but i am not judging..just giving my opinions on the matter at hand...mainly cause anytime something new is coming....it always "oh man its gonna be the sh*t....f**k what i ride and what you ride.....i know its gonna be better"
when the brute was comin down the pipe it was the same thing...but oh wait..its got its fair share of issues too....crappy camo job, cv boot clamps, air intake splash gards, 4wd engagement issues...blah blah blah.....but the brute is a beast...even if its ocean motion is worse than a canoe....basically we'll know when we know if its good or not..wait till its out and the truth will be obvious.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

this outta get good!

Old 08-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigSix
we'll see who's droppin brownies then hick.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Maybe it's cause I'm a hick, but what exactly.........nevermind............

Quick Reply: Some Q's about the King Quad 700