Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I got Slamed!!, Neibors, quads, and bike.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got Slamed!!, Neibors, quads, and bike.

today i was out with my buddy in my street.

this is a private road with a home owners assc. today i get a formal complaint from the neibors about me test riding my bikes in the road. they say no more bikes/quads in the road. but on the other hand i saw a cop and waived him down and he said that i am not breaking any laws, and as long as i am abideing by the rules for private roads i am ok( obey speed limit-35mph). so heres the thing one neibor complained about me, but get this, he rides a freaking golf cart up and down the road, in the wrong lane!!!!. so basically everyone filed a complaint against me includeing the golf cart guy. i think that the next time the little white cart comes up the road, i am not stopping when i am in my truck. what gives him the right, and me not to ? mabey he needs to get taught a lesson. the one complant was from my jap neibor(jewish american princess), and from a guy who runs a illegal insurance fraud company(burns me to heck. being i have found some stuff out about him) they all have huge houses. and my 3rd neibor that i cannot say what kind of work he is in..........(he is fine with the road riding tho). so basically i have no test grounds anymore, major bummer, looks like the street bike is the only fun. people ruin my fun, and everything, they told me that i deface the road, even tho the other neibor has a srt-10 viper and lays perminate strips down evry time he drives it, so how is that worse than a atv?????? idk, mabey you guys have some opinions, or mabey i am just a jerk either way let me know, im upset!

v581

Old 09-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

sorry but its neighbor and maybe

Old 09-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

You could wear a funny mask so they dont know who you are.

Old 09-02-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Ha! That mask idea is quite funny.

Sounds like these neighbors have a little more money than you do and are trying to push the little guy around. Well, it sounds like you already don't care much about your neighbors or what they think so I say continue riding as long as it's legal. If not you could always call the cops on the Viper guy saying he's driving reckless around the neighborhood. I don't belive they have a problem with you messing the road up but it could be because of the noise if you do it all the time? Maybe get something to quiet the thing down?

In any case...good luck on whatever you decide.

Old 09-02-2004, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Dude i cant believe it,i have the same problem.I live in this subdivision,and me and a few people own quads and always ride very gingerly to our trails about 1/2 mile away,for 2 years we had no problems,then this guy moves in down the street,and i swear to go he calls the cops every single time you start a friggin quad.So the cops pretty much said if they ever touch the street they are gone!But these little brats on these electric and gas scooters go up and down the middle of the street all day,and noone says a word,and my next door neighbor rides his golf gart around all the time

Old 09-02-2004, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

I feel for you guys...sorry. But if you check the laws in your state I belive you will find that golf carts and these scooters are not leagal on public streets and sidewalks. Every state is a little different but they are not authorized in my state "Alaska". Here they can only be used on private property. So if it's true in your state too call the cops right back. It's an all out war! But before this why not ask you neighbors what they have a problem with and maybe try to work something out.

Old 09-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Next time you see the guy on the golf cart, run him down with the vinson and ask him, "WTF you can ride up and down the street, but I can't?" The cops say it's alright to ride up and down the street, how much weight does the home owners assoc. hold anyway?
There's quads on my street and on the other streets on both sides of me, and you can hear them going up and down occasionally, mainly on the weekends, but no one seems to care....as long as we don't turn it into a race track.
Good luck with getting something worked out

Old 09-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

People just do not want to listen to loud obnoxious quads or see them speeding in front of their home. It may not sound obnoxious to you in fact you probably love your aftermarket pipes. My guess is that if you kept the stock exhaust and rode at the speed of a golf cart you would probably still be riding on your street today. I know that is not much fun but its a fact of life. Loud pipes or excessive dust or other such nuisance will not be tolerated. Get a truck and do your riding where it is legal. This is something for other quad owners to think about when thinking they need pipes when the reality is that they like others to look at them and listen to them because these riders like the attention.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:18 PM
MJE
Range Rover

one thing I must agree on v581 is the dB level of your HMF pipe. You have the same pipe that my friend just installed onto his 03 vinson and I must say it is the loudest most obnoxious thing ive ever heard in my life. Facts are it makes great power...flows TONS and i mean TONS of air. But now instead of barely hearing him riding about 300 feet away I can hear him miles away from his house now. Compared to stock or even my FMF powerline its deafening. (actually gave me a headache)...

one thing of respect that I must say needs to be shown to neighbors is that you keep the sound levels down. Theres nothing more obnoxious then trying to listen to the news or just relax and hear a buzzing dirtbike or atv echoing through your house (neighbors down the street USED to have that) *key word USED to have loud machines*

A few ways to look at your situation...there is no one and I mean no one that can tell you that you cannot ride your vehicles in the street as long as you are abiding the laws of your area. However one sacrifice you will make is neighbors that hate your guts and call the cops with BS all day long. I'd personally say f-em and not worry about it.

The world is YOURS

-MJE-

Old 09-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

actuall the cops are on my side belive it or not, they tell me i am legit on road.

i think i am going to just scare the golf cart good, or go down in my truck and take pics, if they want a war they got one. ya know what pisses me off the most. viper boy wanted to drag the rm. thinkin he was all tough. i told him the rules i wanted, and the length. well i flat out beat him in the 1/8, and 1/4 mi. i think this has something to do with it(jelousy).

i am going to be a good neibor and NOT ride in the road, its not worth getting them mad at me.

yes the hmf is loud, but so is the harley that he revvs the **** outta in his driveway. i dont think they are mad at me actually concerned that i might get hit by a mexican worker(new area) that cant drive. or a fed-ex/ garbage truck

i leave my lights on, and stay on my side.

my only reason for road riding is as follow

1. testing
2. hearing noises from a motor
3.jetting-plug chop
4.clean powervalve on RM
5.test drive after i fix a friends bike, because i dont want to break down in woods
6. if i break down my trailer and truck are a walk away, on pavement, not mud, and water.

now i got a street bike to cruse around on so they cant bother me for that!!!

Quick Reply: I got Slamed!!, Neibors, quads, and bike.