ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   1st KQ 700's - Not Until Nov. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/171246-1st-kq-700s-not-until-nov.html)

BigBang 09-04-2004 09:43 PM

1st KQ 700's - Not Until Nov.

Contacted several Suzuki dealers in the MN area today about when they expected to see the 1st KQ 700's.......half had no clue and wouldn't even speculate, a couple said maybe next month (Oct.), 1 said definitely not until November and 1 said maybe November but probably December. Some of these dealers were the same to say "begining of Sept." when I inquired last month! What is the latest you guys have heard? What are the causes for the holdups/delays? Problems?

Vinson581 09-04-2004 09:44 PM

i origionaly heard late august, obivously wrong, i would say late nov, early dec, for christmas time]

v581

Outrage 09-05-2004 04:31 AM

I wonder why it's taking so long? My brother saw one two months ago at Hatfield and McCoy but it was one Suzuki brought just for show. I wonder if they found something wrong with it or just can't make them fast enough? If the reviews are good I think I'll pick one up. If not I'm getting a new Twin Peaks.

KegCan 09-05-2004 12:45 PM

That's a long wait, the winch promotion will run out before the quads arrive.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BigBang 09-06-2004 11:21 AM

Something's up and it can't be good. The new KQ has been "promised" to be here by early Sept. by dealers/in the mags/press releases, etc., and all of a sudden - it's Nov./Dec.........in the meantime, Kawi is the only "new" big bore game in town and maybe getting dinged too hard on a few intial flaws. Marketing games (afraid the KQ would kill BF sales)? Initial KQ preproduction model melt down? What's up???

Outrage 09-06-2004 04:20 PM

I don't know something sounds funny to me too but until then I'll keep on riding.

Rainking 09-06-2004 04:51 PM

I'm just hoping they are wrong...my area dealers are still saying this month, keeping my fingers crossed. This is getting quite frustrating.

Jesse

KegCan 09-06-2004 08:16 PM

Yup, suzuki and kawi swap parts, motors, and ideals that's why their being nice to each other so they can sell their vehicles.

STAKK 09-06-2004 08:59 PM

I wonder if the EFI/computer system has developed a problem of some kind and is holding up production? or maybe they are getting the 5-speed ready and want to release them together?????

BigBang 09-07-2004 09:54 AM

Suzuki probably has EFI/mapping down given their history with bikes and sleds (arctic cat efi engines). If there are problems, my guess would be engine/mechanical.........it's a brand new design unique to the KQ..........maybe problems that didn't show up until they had a bunch of miles on the pre-production test mules. Hmmmmmmmm.......... I still contend that SOMETHING IS UP! You guys with connections (beyond dealers) - please do some snooping!!!!