Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

12 tooth front sproket opionions???

Old 11-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 tooth front sproket opionions???

I recently ordered a 13 tooth front sproket for my Lt250R, and recieved a 12 tooth instead, I plan on doing sod drags next year, should i keep the 12 T or get the 13T?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 11-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I would keep the 12 and get another 13 and try them both out

Old 11-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Range Rover

thats what i was thinking. I'll think about it a little more.....

Mark

Old 11-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

I have run both sprockets. The 13 tooth I used for flattrack where I wanted more top end and worked real good. In the dunes I switch to 12 so I can actually use 6th gear.LOL what kind of riding are you gonna do? with the 12tooth theres almost like no first gearLOL go 5 ft and shift
K-dog

Old 11-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Range Rover

I do dirt roads, and trails, but i need a setup to do the Sod Drags, so i think i might keep this sproket for that

Thanks,
MArk

Old 11-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Mark that might not give enough top end for you racing the sod's unless you get rear sprocket's to compensate for speed.Most of the guy's there now the track and how to set gearing for it and you Better get a wheelie bar made up.If you have access to a welder(mig) I can make that for you.Like stated if you want a good dune front sprocket for climbing then keep the 12 and buy a 13.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

I dont have a lot of extra money so if you think I should swap for the 13 then i will, for my hill climbing i ma fine, running my 14 T i can climb all the hills at the outlet mall in 2nd no problem, with the new clutch and a little smaller tires i'll be fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can get the wheelie bars, you really think i'll need them? I have watched before and didnt see many people use them..

Thanks Zuk, i appreciate it,

Old 11-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

It's just for safty Mark and reassurance that you won't come over if you come out of the hole to strong,alot of guy's go there and can ride some wheelie's,but wheelie's don't alway's win a race and flipping over on you butt don't either lol!!Swap it for the 13 tooth.I wish I had one to give ya but Zilla sprocket's I don't think will fit,rear's do,depend's on the year though as well with the rear spindle's.

To get back to the Wheelie bar,the traction change's overthere the more run's are made.You might not come up in the front at first then all of a sudden it will and you won't expect it and might get hurt or loose the final race.It happened to me overthere when I forgot my bar,then in the final's both in the 350cc-500cc class and the moneyclass it came up and well took second and did'nt get the big 1st place money.

Old 11-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

Hey Zuk, good info, thanks, What kind of quads will i be racing? I know once i get into it i will go gung ho for it, and that scares me cause the next step for my bike power wise is prolly an expensive one, i dont like being anything but first... I'll call today and have them switch my sprokets... thanks Zuk!!!

Mark

Old 11-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Honda 250r's,maybe a couple Zuki's.Most of the Honda's are built and fast,there is a guy ans his son from up north that come and they have 330 kit's in their's really fast and nice quad's.One guy show's up with his 87 Zuki and he's fast also,he beat the Son's Honda and My Ex girl friend whooped the Dad,don't worry she's not racing anymore.
Is the cylinder ported?That would help out alot and getting the head milled would also.I know what ya mean about being first,once you start getting known over there and become one of the top contender's you can kinda make them choke out of the hole.If that is an 87 cylinder the cage I have will help ya out and I'm not saying it to sell it.if you can in the future save some money and shop for a Lectron carb and a drag pipe.We have to get together over the winter and get it going fast.That quad of your's still have the air box??If so it's time to yank that out and get a K&N filter for it.
Alot of the Shee rider's in my class that are first timmer's look at my Zilla and don't think it's anything to worry about until I start mine up,the guy's that know it give me the OH Crap he showed up look.It rev's like a 250r,you should see some of the look's then after warm-up's start and I go up against a some of the Big dog's in the money class and spank them the newbie's start to worry and come over to check my quad out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12 tooth front sproket opionions???