Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad, Grizzly or Twin Peaks

2TV:

Very well put, and informative.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

thanks fellows; great comments. I am leaning towards holding out for a King Quad, but if not available will probably go for a Grizzly. Reliability and IRS are high on my list. Sounds like the KQ is a pretty good handling bike as well athough lacks the speed and manouverability of the TP or Prarie.
Can hardly wait till they have them here.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

wow, just uses the search button to compare the king quad to grizlly and i found this forum...very well put 2tv....my chocie is the grizzly....i see that it takes 21ft to turn a complete circle in a grizzly is this true or can u turn a little better than that...but once again well put 2tv

Old 10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

I bought the king and love it . it has such good manners and is soo much fun because you can run in 2 wheel drive and pitch it into the turns or do the tech stuff in 4 wheel drive it is very forgiving.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Pete

Old 10-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Willierower,
How do you like those Mudlites on your quad? It should of been against the law for Suzuki to use those stock tires they put on the KQ!

My dealer told me they use the stock ones to keep the weight down. Kinda ironic to venture off post a little but I think by the time a person adds tires, wheels, better a arm and skid plate protection and maybe a lightweight front and rear bumper actual weight will be well over 700 pounds fueled.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

The tires and wheels are on order but from what I have read I think they will be real good .I have been told they turn better with the lites. And the stockers are bad in the mud.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

Just to finalize my part of the thread, I decided on the KQ. Ordered one last night. NOt in stock yet so now I must wait. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
I checked with a few dealers and was advised to stay away from the TP due to transmission problems and a few other things. None of the local dealers are ordering them, instead they are stocking the KQs. Could have something to do with local rider preference and terrain conditions.
Also I would say that the low height and centre of gravity really sold me on the KQ.
Hope it turns out to be as good as the many riders in this forum say it is.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Sullivad
I checked with a few dealers and was advised to stay away from the TP due to transmission problems and a few other things. None of the local dealers are ordering them, instead they are stocking the KQs.
Thats bull and they know it. They probably have a higher profit margin on the kq because it is made in house. I hate dealers that lie.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

I agree that what the dealer told you about the TP is BS. Around here, the TP/P 700 can be found for a good deal, so the dealers must match each others prices to move the product. Because the KQ (and BF) are new, they can ask high prices(close to MSRP) and get it since these are the ''latest and greatest''. This means that they make more money. Anyhow, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new quads out there. Everyone will tell you that theirs is the best, but all that matters is that you have fun.

Old 10-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

Well said they are about having fun no matter what we ride. Pete

Quick Reply: King Quad, Grizzly or Twin Peaks