Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Attention KingQuad owners: who has raced a brute force?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention KingQuad owners: who has raced a brute force?

Old 10-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Range Rover

Why bother!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2004, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

Drag race or through the trees and mud?

Old 10-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

just a drag race, im just wondering who has the quicker engine.

Old 10-29-2004, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider

Depends on the rider,weights,tires,variables....and most important the skill level of who is doing the riding.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Snowwolfe
Depends on the rider,weights,tires,variables....and most important the skill level of who is doing the riding.

No it doesn't the KQ will loose a drag race to a BF everytime. Stock for stock the BF is much faster.

Old 10-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just called them. They dont even have the quad yet, so dont expect any modules any time soon. The person I spoke to didnt even attempt to guess as to when would be available.

Trending Topics

Old 10-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Chairman, Have you driven both back to back and raced the other side? I havent so I don't know which will win. But let me provide you with a quote from another rider on the Hi Lifter Forum:

"Yesterday had the opportunity to ride the BF and KQ back to back. The dealer rep and I also lined them up, we weight about the same, both machines had 20-30 demo miles, stock tires, etc. We started from dead stop and hit throttle. Immediatly he went into a small power wheelie on the BF. I did not on the KQ but I leaned a bit forward expecting this. I got a about a half quad ahead on the KQ but he pulled even and it was about even for the 600-700 feet we ran. Riding the BF I would have thought it would be markedly faster but it was not. That started to crystallize my decision a bit. Agreed the power wheelie might have slowed him down but the dealer states that he kept in the throttle fully and the wheelie was very short (30 feet or so). If the BF was that much faster there were several hundred feet for it to prove it."

You can read the rest of the thread at :

http://www.highlifter.com/ubbthreads...page=0&fpart=1

In my 51 years I have learned that size really does mean nothing. Spec charts often tell very little and stats can lead others to believe anything they like. I have no idea which one is faster and I simply don't care. But I have learned to listen to people who have more experience than me. I really doubt anyone would buy a KQ or a BF thinking they will win a drag race. Either of these machines are bought for the total "package" they offer to the rider. Cheers!

Old 10-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

Both of these machines are automatics, being that, the converters on both machines will only allow a certain top speed for each. Modifying either quad will only allow your to get to that top speed faster. I do not know what the top speed of the BF or the King is but I am sure it is not that much different, the Bf probably attains that speed faster. I do know that both will reach 70mph fairly fast, that means they both go very fast! There are not many places that 70+mph is very useful on these type of machines(other than a straight line). Remember speed is all fun and games until somebody gets an eye put out! Be careful with all of that power!

Old 10-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Range Rover

[quote]
Originally posted by: Snowwolfe
Chairman, Have you driven both back to back and raced the other side? I havent so I don't know which will win. But let me provide you with a quote from another rider on the Hi Lifter Forum: Q]

Nope, haven't raced them or even driven both on the same day. I was all set on getting a BF, I took a final spin before taking the plung and discovered the slow-speed stutter. This got me looking into the BF more, reading posts here and on HL, and I decided Kawi had some "issues" to work out before I buy a BF.

It wasn't more than a couple weeks later that the KQs started coming in. I test rode one and bought it immediatly (no regrets), my impression was that it was not nearly as fast as the BF. That's just "seat of the pants" testing. I'm not a dragracer and the KQ has plenty of power for me, rides great without being tippy like the BF so I'm happy.

Kawi's v-twin is an awsome engine no doubt, great power, smooth, sounds great. I can't see the KQ winning a straight line race, maybe starting from 5mph but even then I would be really surprised. The BF does get up and move no doubt about it but for me the KQ is the better "package".

Quick Reply: Attention KingQuad owners: who has raced a brute force?