Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Little help, King Quad & Warn Winch...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help, King Quad & Warn Winch...

Hey Folks:
Anyone who has mounted the warn 2.5 winch onto the new King...
I think my dealer messed up, they give me the winch setup for the Eiger & Vinson, which has no power leads (factory installed on those quads). Is there a different setup for the King Quad, maybe one that comes with the entire wire assembly from the battery on?

All that was included in this kit is the relay block & leads from that to the battery, maybe 9 or so inches long.

I hate to make another trip to the stealer, but that is what it looks like...

Any help please?
THANKS!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Range Rover

There should be 4 "6" guage cables. The blue and yellow go from the relay to the winch, the red and black go from the relay to the battery. You should also get the rocker switch that mounts on your handlebars. It connects to a switched hot lead and the relay block. Should also have a roller fairlead and bracket for that.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer

Okay, the stealership just swapped out for a "generic" warn 2.5 winch. Was there any special instructions with the Suzuki version in regards to the King Quad? Where did you run the power lines, install the relay block, so on and so forth.

Any chance anyone could scan in the Suzuki instructions to a PDF?

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it!!!

Old 12-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

Mine was generic as well. Don't really know if there is a difference.

Your relay goes under the seat. The plastic is already predrilled. There will be 4 rubber plugs in the holes just behind your tool kit. You will have trouble getting the screws in unless you lift the plastic a bit. It's best to run the bolts up from the bottom, nuts on top.

Under the dash pod there are 3 bullet connectors. The orange one is a switched hot lead. The other 2 are for the winch switch leads but on mine, they terminated under the plastic near your storage box. Probably just as easy to get your power under the pod and just run the regular switch leads back to the relay.

You will find the cables are too long. I cut mine and had a local electrical repair place install some new ends. If you do cut your's, just remember that the ends have to be on really good. If an end should fall off, you could have a fire due to the resulting short circuit. I had a hard time locating the ring terminals for 6 guage wire and then had to find a way to crimp them on the cables real good. The repair shop had both and only charged me $5. Even if they had charged me more, it would of been well worth it.

Old 12-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

There is a plastic flex conduit on the right side of the quad that runs from the radiator to the rear. the relay mounts under the seat in the right rear section, there is a specific place with holes allready in the plastic. you'll have to remove the plugs in the holes. the two inside holes a almost impossible to get the bolts in without removing the rear plastic, so I just used ty-wraps, worked fine. I got power for the relay from a lead just above the radiator, you'll have to install a bullet end on the red lead from the switch. The rest should be self explanitory.