Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I just saw a scrambler 500 today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just saw a scrambler 500 today...

i disagree with speed but with mud yes it will but its a utility what do u expect

Old 12-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: RidinLCWA
I have ridden the 500 four stroke and 400 two stroke. My vinson will run with them all day. It outran the 400 in the dunes. A KQ would blow a scrammy off the trail.
we will have to put em to the test when we ride

i cant imagine a vinny taking a scrammy

Old 12-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

when i still rode my scrambler i couldnt get it stuck. actually the only thing that ever stopped my scrambler was the 6 foot deep flooded creek i drove it into. lol i must say it wasnt a cheap repair bill after the few gallons of water were cleaned out of the engine. some advice for anyone who likes riding in creeks.............dont ride in them when it is 40 degrees out and the creek is flooded. it must have taken a week for my "kids" to warm up. The thing is an awesome mudder but i still love my z400 even more than my scrammy.

Old 12-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

i vinson will not beat a scrammy no way... it wont beat my 500ho off the line but after about 30mph the vinson says goodbye.. i almost bought a vinson but i wanted the IRS and wanted a little more G/C

Old 12-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I traded in a 2000 Scrambler 2X4 400 when I bought the Z.
I ordered hop up parts from HotSeat performance. It was cheep and very affective.
There is nothing any easier or more affordable to hop up then a Scrambler 400 2 stroke.
You can order bolt on parts that get it over 70 HP from more then one Aftermarket Company.
My mostly stock Z is a complete dog compared to the Scrambler I traded in.
I wanted the Z for its light weight and better handling, I knew ahead of time its motor would never be as powerful as a hopped up 400 2 stroke.

Old 12-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Bing
we will have to put em to the test when we ride i cant imagine a vinny taking a scrammy
Bing, good riding with you on Saturday. We did not drag race the Scrammy v Vinson, but I was pretty happy with the ability of my Vinny to keep up with the Scram and the V-Force and other sport quads. We ran a lot of road at pretty high speeds and I don't think anyone really ran away from the group. Heck, even the 400 Artic Cat stayed with us for the most part -- there were only a few times that I had to wait on Bear to ensure he was still back there.

I really like riding the Scrambler, too. My friend's 500 is a blast. I was thinking about it after the ride Saturday. The Scram probably has more off the line punch and jump when you hit the throttle while going. My stock Vinson is not going to pop the front end. But look at the dry weights. The Scrambler runs about 571 lbs and the Vinson 600 (maybe 603) lbs. Not a huge difference. The Scrambler is also a little more squirrely to handle. For me, I wanted an all around package of sport (speed and handling) and utility uses. I thought a lot about the Scrambler before buying. One can buy small racks and make it a little more useful than just sport, but not much. the Vinson or other big bore sport/utility have much more flexibility.

In the end, in normal trail and road riding, the Vinson will stay with the Scrambler (assuming rider ability is equal). But, I feel I get more use out of the Vinson overall around the property and on the trail due to it's greater ability to tow and carry equipment/food/etc.

Bing, next time we'll have to do some more head-to-head comparison. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Super Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: RidinLCWA
Originally posted by: Bing
we will have to put em to the test when we ride i cant imagine a vinny taking a scrammy
Bing, good riding with you on Saturday. We did not drag race the Scrammy v Vinson, but I was pretty happy with the ability of my Vinny to keep up with the Scram and the V-Force and other sport quads. We ran a lot of road at pretty high speeds and I don't think anyone really ran away from the group. Heck, even the 400 Artic Cat stayed with us for the most part -- there were only a few times that I had to wait on Bear to ensure he was still back there.

I really like riding the Scrambler, too. My friend's 500 is a blast. I was thinking about it after the ride Saturday. The Scram probably has more off the line punch and jump when you hit the throttle while going. My stock Vinson is not going to pop the front end. But look at the dry weights. The Scrambler runs about 571 lbs and the Vinson 600 (maybe 603) lbs. Not a huge difference. The Scrambler is also a little more squirrely to handle. For me, I wanted an all around package of sport (speed and handling) and utility uses. I thought a lot about the Scrambler before buying. One can buy small racks and make it a little more useful than just sport, but not much. the Vinson or other big bore sport/utility have much more flexibility.

In the end, in normal trail and road riding, the Vinson will stay with the Scrambler (assuming rider ability is equal). But, I feel I get more use out of the Vinson overall around the property and on the trail due to it's greater ability to tow and carry equipment/food/etc.

Bing, next time we'll have to do some more head-to-head comparison. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I never even put 2 and 2 together on saturday to realize you were from this thread. I hear ya on the Vinny,,,its a great no nonsense ute.

Sounds good on the head to head stuff
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I looked at the Scrammy before I bought my Vinson and am very happy with my decision. The Scrammy is a good quad but IMO the Vinson is a much better all around quad.

Can't wait to hear about the shoot out you guys are going to put on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Outrage
I looked at the Scrammy before I bought my Vinson and am very happy with my decision. The Scrammy is a good quad but IMO the Vinson is a much better all around quad.

Can't wait to hear about the shoot out you guys are going to put on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

maybe the shootout can be from one side of tahuya to the other,,,,on a trail i know
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Bing,

I noticed you have a Scrammy & a Raptor. Which do you like better and why?

My brother has a Raptor but is thinking of getting a Scrammy. He can't afford both so what do you suggest?

Quick Reply: I just saw a scrambler 500 today...