Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Let's Cut to the Chase: Re: KingQuad Reverse Idler Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's Cut to the Chase: Re: KingQuad Reverse Idler Gear

I needed a new quad this Winter and really wanted the King Quad more than anything else on the market, but the failures scared me and I bought a BF 750 instead. I know the failures are small right now, but what will they be in two years from now? All quads have small flaws and imperfections, but a known defect in the transmission requiring such an extensive repair was too much for me. I too was concerned about partial failure and the subsequent galling and free floating debris running through the engine till its trapped in the oil filter. It's an unfortunate and costly mistake for Suzuki, and kept at least one person from purchasing a KQ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Crack pipe HELLO I own a King quad...

And a Prairie, Eiger, Ozark. I ride in the snow every week and man do we have lots of it. no troubles yet, not sure why they are coming off. The ECM is way over blown, if you thing you lose all your power you need your head checked, still more power than any Grizzly.

You can't argue with an stupid person, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with expirience.

Curls, thats why everyone gets a free 5 year warrenty on the reverse.

As far as I know Suzuki has not left anyone high and dry yet.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Personally, I think the 5 year warrenty is a pretty good deal. Yeah it would be a whole heck of a lot better if they would just fix the problem in all of the KingQuads, but face it, that isn't going to happen. Most likely, if the reverse is going to fail, it will fail within the first 5 years. If it doesn't fail within those 5 years, then you don't ride much, or its probably not going to break. Thats just my view on it.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I just got back from my dealer, they have ordered my ECM, the parts for the throttle and a bearing and rev shaft for the REV problem, they only called me on the ECM but I guess they are doing it all..
I have not had a failure or anyother problems with my KQ, so i guess they are going to fix all of the 05's. They told me it is cheaper to fix it before it happens.

So all I can say is WOOHOOO!!

Jerry

Old 03-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

You guys need to qiut telling people how stupid they are and take a look at your self. The "smartest thing you could do is to put an add in your local news paper and get rid of those reverse eaten KQ. Then go down to your local Kawi dealer and get you almighty BRUTE. I hate to remind you, dut your loosing lots of money every day you own it. (at a much faster rate than any other ATV).

Old 03-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Range Rover

The Grizzlies reverse is easily overridden and it will not go out like the Kings!There has been more than one reverse failure after the ecm excuse,and there will be more!Just wait till the mud season!

Old 03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Grizzjeeper
Crack pipe HELLO I own a King quad...

And a Prairie, Eiger, Ozark. I ride in the snow every week and man do we have lots of it. no troubles yet, not sure why they are coming off. The ECM is way over blown, if you thing you lose all your power you need your head checked, still more power than any Grizzly.

You can't argue with an stupid person, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with expirience.

Curls, thats why everyone gets a free 5 year warrenty on the reverse.

As far as I know Suzuki has not left anyone high and dry yet.
....Exactly why my previous response was brief & short......why bother.....

Old 03-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Its interesting that you say Suzuki has not left anyone high and dry YET! Duh....why do you think they did not do a recall??? Because SOMEBODY is gonna be left high and dry....and its not gonna be me because I cancelled my plans to by the KQ and bought a Grizzly instead!!!! That somebody might be the current owner if he keeps it over 5 years, it might be the next owner the original owner sells it to....it might be the relative of an original owner who gets it as a gift or an inheritance and knows nothing about this issue because he doe'snt subscribe to a magazine or have internet access (lots of people do not you know)... but somebody is gonna get left high and dry someday because Suzuki did not recall them as they should have. Do you wanna stick your hand in the air, wave it and volunteer to be the person left high and dry for a $2500 repair? Or would you prefer to be the victim of high insurance rates because the KQ starts experiencing high theft rates when they all start "mysteriously" being stolen after their extended warrantys expires? Do you really think people are going to pay $2500 bucks to repair a 5 year old quad when they can just take it apart, sell the parts on EBAY and claim it got stolen from their back yard? Don't be naive.....everybody who owns one of the 10,000 that was made with the defective design is going to end up paying one way or another.....and it ain't gonna be me....and anybody who volunteers to stick their hand in the air and take a hit for it by buying one of those units or not taking part in a class action suit to get it fixed by updating to the new design is gonna regret it later. Who knows....when these units start getting "stolen" it might even raise the theft insurance rates for all of us ATV owners. Now is Suzuki gonna come in and compensate anybody for that? Yea right....Suzuki is'nt leaving anybody high and dry on this issue at all.....

Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

????

Whatever. When I am done wrong, I will complain. When they Sr*w me I will bitch but until then they have done everything that I can resonably expect them to due. Until someone has a case where they don't cover it how can you argue they won't? Ecm replacement or not.

The King reverse is even easier than the grizz to override. And when it breaks, I know I will get a NEW tranny. I hope it breaks on year 5, then I will have a new tranny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Open your eyes and see what? See that yeah there is a problem, and they have addressed it as best as any corp is going to. And they made a promise to all owners for 5 years it will be fixed no cost to you. What else do you want? I am not 100% happy with the situation but I am also a realist and know things could be worse, I could have gotten a Grizz... Which as you can tell by my username that's what I used to own...

Here is a hint, override your reverse and guess what you will have more power than you will ever need.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Range Rover

HEY NEVERESUNK, You hit the nail on the head. I feel I was won of the smart ones getting rid of mine. I went down and got me a Brute the next day and boy am I glad .I think the reverse issue will haunt this quad for ever. If I owned one I think I would take the hit now, because the hit later will be much worse.

Quick Reply: Let's Cut to the Chase: Re: KingQuad Reverse Idler Gear