ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   eiger carb woes (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/196398-eiger-carb-woes.html)

kadotajerry 03-20-2005 02:00 PM

eiger carb woes

went riding last night and had a hell of a time starting my 03 manual. then she would only run on full choke but only for a few mins. then she died out again the only way i could get her to start then was to put my hand over the air intake. Ive already got an inline fuel filter in it so i dont think dirt in the carb is the culprit. any ideas? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

rolsmojave3 03-20-2005 03:08 PM

eiger carb woes

i have this problem if i run at WOT for a long time...i think it get's starved for gas...so now i run it on prime and havn't had the problem

Cherokee 03-20-2005 08:58 PM

eiger carb woes

Did you pull your plug? If so, what did it look like. Sounds like it might be running lean.

GLDIVER 03-20-2005 09:16 PM

eiger carb woes

You may still have crap in the carb. I had a simular problem last year. Found dirt in the carb. Not from the fuel, from the crappy fitting air filter. I wouln't second guess anyone. But I think a lot of the crud people think is coming from the gas tank is really coming from the lousy fitting air filter. Also make sure your breather tube isn't kinked or pinched. A restriction in that hose really makes her run like poop!

Good luck with your Eiger!

rolsmojave3 03-21-2005 11:11 AM

eiger carb woes

yeah ... that air filter really sucks...the Z and the Eiger have the same filters so i think i am gonna get one of them Pro-Design Air filter adaptors so i am sure i get a good seal

GLDIVER 03-21-2005 06:14 PM

eiger carb woes

Yep, I'm ordering one for my Z and if it looks like it will fit I'll order another my Eiger. I'm getting the one from Noss Machine though, pretty much the same thing but much cheaper.

rolsmojave3 03-22-2005 05:17 PM

eiger carb woes

yeah i was gonna get the NOSS...just figured more people would know the Prodesign name..get back to us if it works...
Thanks

eiger2 03-22-2005 07:22 PM

eiger carb woes

Suzuki recomends puttin grease on the filter where it meets the intake to stop dirt from gettin in.

I had trouble a couple times last year and I would wind er out as much as possible (tho that wasn't really much) and the put my hand over the intake (take the filter off first) and it would suck any dirt out of the jet. I also had a problem with my slide sticking, I think the needle would jam into the jet. Since I've installed the jet kit everything works great!!!!!

eiger2 03-22-2005 07:23 PM

eiger carb woes

I use a Twin Air filter. Don't know if its better or worse but it works.

rolsmojave3 03-22-2005 07:24 PM

eiger carb woes

I would wind er out as much as possible (tho that wasn't really much) ....hahahahahaha...now that's funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]