Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Take a gander at this. Rebirth of 2 strokes a reality.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take a gander at this. Rebirth of 2 strokes a reality.

I love my Zilla , it rips. Especially since I just finished it, its been six months since I rode it and it is great the power that thing has is AMAZING. The powerband is great, its got tons of torque and lots of speed. Although a four-stroke would be nice for a lazy day, no kickin.

Old 04-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Amen!

The Jap companies will not lead in any sort of revolution, however it appears that us HP lusting Americans might just be starting something here..

http://www.blackwidowatv.com/news.html

Also, here's another company that just warms my heart like a fireplace!!!

www.saberracing.com

This is the kind of thing that will pull the $$$ from my wallet!!

Old 04-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Not just americans here! I'm Irish LOL. I was just thinkin of an idea last night but doubt it would work but i'll let you hear it. 2 strokes complete combustion in 2 stokes of the piston and are lubricated by two stroke oil, and 4 strokes takes 4strokes to complete combustion but is lubricated by seperate oil. (hope I got that all right) Well, what if there was to be a two stroke engine lubricated seperately not with no 2stroke oil BUT still completes combustion with two strokes. So basically what I'm saying is a two stroke cylinder on a four stroke block literally. I thought that doing away with the two stroke oil would reduce emmissions but still produce as much power. Just a thought I had probaly can't be made into reality, this topic just got me thinkin.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Wonldn't work since the air/fuel mix on a 4 stroke stays above the piston and is moved through the valves, the engine oil lubes all the bearings and everything, but in a 2 stroke the air/fuel mix actually travels under the piston and thats where the 2 stroke oil comes in, they would have to add alot of parts to get it to be able to lube seperate from the oil that is mixed with the fuel.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

ahh, i just say lets tell the liberal tree hugging enviro ****'s to shove it, and let ride what we LIKE, i wouldnt want a different 2 stroke who am i kidding, i love that bing ba bing bing, baMM, whamm, neck snapping power that the 2 stroke bikes produce, and it really is going to be the worst yea 06 if when the shee gets cut from the line up ( i am strongly considering it over a YFZ, just for the fact it is THE LAST ONE, even tho the yfz is a better racer, the shee is just what it is a high revving 2 stroke that makes a purr that nothing else can, plain and simple!)

thats the #1 reason i am holding on to my RM250, for years to come, no point in selling due to the fack i know i cant replace it easy (espacially my bikes motor)

some day i would like a zilla ( when i have room,,,,haha) 3 quad, and 2 bikes mine is getting crammed, when i got my friends bike living there pretty much forever, and bikes coming and going......

i just say rebuild em- and keep on keeping on.

v581

Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

I agree vinson! they need to outlaw the tree huggers!! I know I will miss the 2 stroke dirt bikes, but I love the newer 4 strokes just as much.

Old 04-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRidr660R
Wonldn't work since the air/fuel mix on a 4 stroke stays above the piston and is moved through the valves, the engine oil lubes all the bearings and everything, but in a 2 stroke the air/fuel mix actually travels under the piston and thats where the 2 stroke oil comes in, they would have to add alot of parts to get it to be able to lube seperate from the oil that is mixed with the fuel.
Knew there would be a technical side to it, do me no harm to work up the brain once in a while.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRidr660R
Actually it would work ,does work and has been used for many many years. Dietroit 2 stroke diesels work very well and keep the 4 stroke lube system under the piston. They have exhaust ports down at the bottom of the cyllinder with pressure fed intake valves at the top. As soon as the piston gets to to the bottom of the bore it uncovers the exhaust ports letting the gasses out and at the same time the intake valves open an a supercharger jams the cyllinder full of fresh air. Its more complicated than a regular 2 stroke but it gives far more power than the 4 stroke engines.

The only reason they have not caught on in small engines is cost and durabilty(same as standard 2 strokes). A gas engine could be made to work the same way.

As far as the Black widow engine its still in the development stages but when Brad Oakley gets the final design done it will be awsome. I talked with him last week and he said they are very close .

Old 04-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Bom is doing it in the Ski Doo's Sea doo's and boat motors. LOOK HERE Less fue;, cleaner, faster, less weight, no more stink!!!! its amazing

Old 04-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

looks nice, now someone throw that in a quad.

Quick Reply: Take a gander at this. Rebirth of 2 strokes a reality.