Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Take a gander at this. Rebirth of 2 strokes a reality.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take a gander at this. Rebirth of 2 strokes a reality.

Might be the future.

if so i would for surely buy one asap.

v581

Old 04-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

At the end of the 'riding impression' link, it says this:

Honda plan to campaign the EXP-2 again next year. The company says it has no plans to make a production engine right away, but from the success so far, we'd predict that the world's cleanest two stroke motorcycle will be in production before the year 2000.
That article's got to be at least 8 years old.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Wow another environmentally friendly fuel efficient technology that just apparently vanished. Imagine that. Couldn't have been another patent the oil companies bought and then buried it from the public. My comspiracy theories are in full swing now. It sure looked interesting though. Now they got their dream of getting U.S. gas over 2.25/gal you think they'd cut us some slack.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Here's another article about it. Wonder if it ever went into production?

Old 04-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

I remember Honda making the statement that they have no interest in ever producing another 2 cycle engine. This statement was made 2-3 years ago, which is after this article...

Unfortunate for sure! The sled manufacturers are '06 EPA compliant with their designs, why can't the bike/atv folks get their head out of their *****???

Old 04-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

i have 10x more fun on my rm250 because of the fact its neck snapping 2 stroke fast. if honda revamped a TRUE- 250r with the same frame and looks, mabey some better shocks, it would be a best seller, keep it kick start, no reverse and mabey an aluminum frame..

v581

Old 04-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed, I grew up on 2-stroke dirtbikes and what a supprise when i decided to buy another ATV i got a Quadzilla. Doesnt get much more 2stroke fan then that. I really dont understand why they are missing a big market share. I know if a new 250 or 500 2stroke came out im about 90% sure if it wasnt a piece of crap id sell my zilla and whatever else I needed to buy it, including my soul if i had to. They say the new 4strokes can compete on a level. You know what they probably can after 10 years of intensive technology advancements but guess what stock for stock, although the new 4strokes have better frame geometry for racing, they still cant be my mostly stock quadzilla in a drag. No WAY NO HOW. And another question for them, great on a competitive level they are competing but only because GNCC pushed two strokes out of the competition by saying bill balance and his 250r couldnt race in "pro production" "bull sh*t" is what it is. They dont sell to racers they sell to you and me joe shmoe and jane doe. And we want a 2stroke that screams, not barks. We want our arms to hurt every time we snap that throttle and by the end of the day I want to be wearing a kneck brace and missing some teeth. 4stroke just is never going to cut it and as i get older and plan on making plenty of money im going to spend it all on restoring old 2strokes instead of buying any of their new crap. motorcycle, ill buy an yamy RZ350, dirtbike, definatly will buy a 2stroke id never own a 4stroke dirtbike, never have never will. Quads, well utilityish like the wolvy are better 4stroke but a 4stroke sport. not happening

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

i agree i would rather get a old zilla then spend 6000$ on a ds, or raptor ANYDAY.

granted i have 4 strokes. well the 400ex anyways, and a 2 stroke ute wouldnt work out. but i think i still love the neck breakin power of my RM, granted not even close to stock, my friend had a cr80 the other day, and even that little thing look like it would rip, and it was only 80cc's what 4 stroke can do that?

v581

Old 04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

ahmen to the price. If i were to dump the money into my zilla that people dump into brand new raptors and DSes and take mine to the dunes i would blow them out of the water

We should really get somthing organized petitioning to the main companies (Yam, Zuki, Kawi, and Honda) that we want 2strokes. Try and get people like Bill Balance to back us. Get some type of petition signed. Show them that there really is a market sector they are missing. I understand they all whimped out in the 80s/90s when they were getting sued but they are making high performance machines agian so if they can make clean 2strokes then why arent they. Clearly they are better for racing otherwise they would have used 4strokes in the 80s instead of the tecate the LT and the 250r.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

im all for the petition, btw while we are at it lets tell suzuki to build a frame that doesnt crack, and break apart at the welds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

take a look at my pictures in my camera, some people said i "abused" my vinson, thats why the frame broke, but to me judgeing by the picture it looks almost new.

2 stroke live on.

i have contemplated putting a rm250 motor in a R frame, it would be a lethal combo on the track, being the power of the rm motor hits just right, and pulls extreamly had "even stock"

v581

Quick Reply: Take a gander at this. Rebirth of 2 strokes a reality.