Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Any “dangerous or risk of life” sections during your trail riding.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any “dangerous or risk of life” sections during your trail riding.

Originally posted by: Trailguide
Just a little story to maybe change the forum a little…

Was wondering if anyone has any “dangerous or risk of life” sections during their trail riding. One section I occasionally take, has about 75 feet where the trail is very narrow and the tires have about 12,” before the edge of about 800 foot drop to the bottom of the mountain.....I have to “stand on the running boards and lean up hill”..with a 45 degree angle, so I place it in low gear & 4x4..I have to travel so slow the tires barely turn, until I clear that section….I would never think of passing through if wet or snow...I won’t take most people through there..even the experienced ones…

Last August I came around a trail curve with side brush, about 5 feet high..and a dang Mt Lion screamed at us from about 15 feet away, from inside the brush…lol..a pastor friend with me on another atv..turned white..!! He didn’t want to go back that way. I said we have too because the road ahead is impassable…. Then last June I had a stare down with another Mt Lion at about 125 feet away..it lasted about 15 seconds, then it turned down hill and disappeared in the woods..that was right next to our cabin..so I had to fence and screen the lower under side, so the Lions would not dwell under the building…Then three Mt lions we killed about ¾ mile away on the canyon hiway..so the place seems to be infested with the darn things..I carring a gun with me day or night..a little wild west is still out there…LOL..next time the rattle snake event…These events make the ATV so enjoyable ..But I fear the day will come when you will not be able to have deep lug tires on the units, and more trails will close..…tree huggers will see to that..
Dude, if you were on a Kinq Quad all you need to do is rev the engine and the animals will scurry away, even grizzly's! I swear, I saw it on TV!

Old 05-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KingQuader
Originally posted by: Trailguide
Just a little story to maybe change the forum a little…

Was wondering if anyone has any “dangerous or risk of life” sections during their trail riding. One section I occasionally take, has about 75 feet where the trail is very narrow and the tires have about 12,” before the edge of about 800 foot drop to the bottom of the mountain.....I have to “stand on the running boards and lean up hill”..with a 45 degree angle, so I place it in low gear & 4x4..I have to travel so slow the tires barely turn, until I clear that section….I would never think of passing through if wet or snow...I won’t take most people through there..even the experienced ones…

Last August I came around a trail curve with side brush, about 5 feet high..and a dang Mt Lion screamed at us from about 15 feet away, from inside the brush…lol..a pastor friend with me on another atv..turned white..!! He didn’t want to go back that way. I said we have too because the road ahead is impassable…. Then last June I had a stare down with another Mt Lion at about 125 feet away..it lasted about 15 seconds, then it turned down hill and disappeared in the woods..that was right next to our cabin..so I had to fence and screen the lower under side, so the Lions would not dwell under the building…Then three Mt lions we killed about ¾ mile away on the canyon hiway..so the place seems to be infested with the darn things..I carring a gun with me day or night..a little wild west is still out there…LOL..next time the rattle snake event…These events make the ATV so enjoyable ..But I fear the day will come when you will not be able to have deep lug tires on the units, and more trails will close..…tree huggers will see to that..
Dude, if you were on a Kinq Quad all you need to do is rev the engine and the animals will scurry away, even grizzly's! I swear, I saw it on TV!
LMAO! That made my day.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I realize that I might be a bit stodgey here, but: When threads like this are started, keep in mind that ambulance chasers sometimes prowl these forums with the intention(s) of feeding the wrong crowd information. They may also post info on particualr mechanical problems with the intention(s) of starting class-action lawsuits. Not making any accusations about Trailguide, but it's something to be aware of. I'm not trying to side w/ the factories when they release inferior products either. That said, yes, I've ridden places that are of obvious danger. And the risk was assumed by me, with the consquences to be payed be me, if I were to, uh, mis-step. Part of the thrill of riding, so to speak.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Pfff, stupid noobs. You guys are the ones that need to leave the forums.
yea ur story sounded really scary lol. ruts arent anythin to boast about. if u ride where weve ridden, ruts r the last thing u have to worry about.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every ride!

Old 05-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NBake
Pfff, stupid noobs. You guys are the ones that need to leave the forums.
yea ur story sounded really scary lol. ruts arent anythin to boast about. if u ride where weve ridden, ruts r the last thing u have to worry about.
Okay, you come ride where I ride. Then I'll laugh when your whole four-wheeler tips over and is completely submerged in one of the ruts. The ruts are 3 feet deep and you just have to guess where they are. If you hit one, your screwed. So don't open your mouth when you dont know what your talking about.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

hillclimbs are probably the most dangerous thing around here, especially when you're on a z250 (not the best hillclimber)

Old 05-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My biggest danger is myself! Go easy there quadessence...