Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700 vs Polaris Sportsman 800

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700 vs Polaris Sportsman 800

First of all I want to say that I am not trying to start a battle. I want opinions because I am getting ready to drop $7,000 on a Quad and I want to ride the best. I have been looking at 3 quads, the Brute Force 750, the Suzuki King Quad 700 EFI, and the Polaris Sportsman 800 Twin EFI. I have asked a number dealerships to compare the Brute Force to the other two quads and most wont say anything negative about the competitor. This in a way is good, I am glad that the dealer is respecting the other brands, but at the same time it is hard for a buyer to find the advantages/disadvantages of one quad over another. The only opinion that I was given was from a kid yesterday that sells Kawi's and Suzuki's. He said that the King Quad would smoke a Brute force in every aspect, race, mud, handling, everything. I reminded him that the KQ was a single cylinder and he was comparing it to a V-twin with more CC's but he said that didnt matter. He also said that the Polaris was powerful, but behind in the quality department.

I know that most of the people selling these big bores however, probably dont even ride themselves. This is why I am posting on here, I want some feedback from new owners, old owners, owners that switched brands, and whay you did. Like I said, I dont want a war, I just want facts. I am going to post this on the Polaris and Suzuki website also to get a broad spectrum of opinions/facts. Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer

I love my KQ. It would/does lose to the BF in the speed department though. With equal tires it would be close in the mud. I do get much better gas milage than both the others. I really like the way the KQ handles too.
They are all good choices, pick what you think will keep you happy.

Good luck!
Doug

Old 06-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

wait and get the BRP Outlander Twin 800 EFI, a true 800CC big bore v-twin. This big beast packs a 62HP, 52lbs torque monster twin cylinder Rotax engine, by far the most powerful ATV on the market.

If you're looking to translate that to pure speed, BRP claims the Outlander 800 has 28% more rear wheel speed (as measured by Matech Technologie Inc rear wheel dyno) than the Polaris, 25% more than the BruteForce, and 54% more than the King Quad

Old 06-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer

Rode all 3 and chose the King Quad based on trail riding. The Brute Force and Polaris are a handfull on fast trails because of a much higher center of gravity. If you are only mudding then all 3 are great, but as a fast trail bike the KQ rules.

Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KingQuader
Rode all 3 and chose the King Quad based on trail riding. The Brute Force and Polaris are a handfull on fast trails because of a much higher center of gravity. If you are only mudding then all 3 are great, but as a fast trail bike the KQ rules.
Of the 3 yes, I agree with you. But I still would wait a see what the Outlander is like!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:02 PM
MJE
Range Rover

54% more wheel speed than KQ...whoever you got that from needs to check their math because if it is 54 percent more speed on rear wheels that would mean KQ = 73 mph out of crate x 1.54 which is 73 + 36.5 roughly which i dont see feasible on a quad utility especially.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
MJE
Range Rover

oh and another thing...

Checking out Bombardier's site I have to say that I'd really want to give up a machine like BF or KQ for a high center of gravity boat with a big motor in it. (sarchasm)...those are the ugliest machines ive ever seen. I haven't seen a pic of the new twin 800 you speak of but based on all of the other models its butt ugly and it looks like a pissed off golf cart.

Trending Topics

Old 06-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Range Rover

I agree with kingquader, I think that for a trail rider the king is the one. The sportsman is just too heavy for my taste, but it is a bad a$$ machine but was concerned about the weight in the snow. I dont like the 4x4 system on the brute and I wanted a efi for sure, that said the brute will smoke a king in a drag. Decide whats important to you and you wont be dissapointed in the one you choose.
For my type of riding (Mostly trail with elevation change) the king fit the bill. I have yet to be dissapointed on any ride and I ride with guys who have the others. For fast trail riding I would take the king hands down everytime. I would be sure to drive all three, I personally like the ergonomics of the king, but the only way to know what fits you is to test them out.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MJE
54% more wheel speed than KQ...whoever you got that from needs to check their math because if it is 54 percent more speed on rear wheels that would mean KQ = 73 mph out of crate x 1.54 which is 73 + 36.5 roughly which i dont see feasible on a quad utility especially.
As written in OFF ROAD>COM read for yourself

Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

I agree with the Daranello75, definately wait for the Bomb 800, It's proven to be better then all three, and MJE...he's right man, It may be hard to believe but there's no joke about that, hah (except I think you did your math wrong...) The Bomb is going to be the Ultimate Utility Quad when it comes out, then again, another company might come out with like a 2,000cc [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] haha, but seriously...wait for the 800, it shouldn't be to long 'til it comes out either. Otherwise I'm just not sure, there all really good quads...

Quick Reply: Brute Force 750 vs King Quad 700 vs Polaris Sportsman 800