ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   I know what it sounds like but..... (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/206285-i-know-what-sounds-like-but.html)

Gdub 06-07-2005 12:13 PM

I know what it sounds like but.....

If anyone saw my post about the brand new KQ throttle sticking and causing two bad roll overs, well I am getting the serious run around from Suzuki!

I understand it sounds like a load of crap but it happened and I don't think Suzuki is going to stand behind it??

What can a guy do?

DavidLT250S 06-07-2005 06:27 PM

buy a different bike if you don't like the way yours is going its commen sence

kingme 06-07-2005 07:57 PM

In something like that the big company will always give the little consumer the run around until you get a lawyer involved.

hellyeh 06-07-2005 09:16 PM

Did you get the throttle update done on yours ? There was an update released about 4 months ago to fix the problem.

SuzukiDoug 06-07-2005 09:21 PM

So this is a known problem with these?

hellyeh 06-07-2005 09:57 PM

Yes , although up here in Canada , i presume it was because water could get inside the housing and cause the cable to freeze , but it could also let in sand / dirt etc. and stick the cable .

MeYHymN 06-09-2005 01:11 PM

It was a recall on 2005 Vinsons and KQ's. That's what held up my Vinson getting home. If you never recieved documentation the the effect that the recall was done, I would go back to my original dealer and demand that the recall be done and that you get documentation stating to that effect. When did you purchase your bike? The recall notice came out the middle or latter part of April. If you bought your bike before then you probably didn't get the fix. I think they only opened up the throttle housing on the grip, stuffed it full of lithium grease and then RTV'd the cap, but I could be wrong. Have you tried doing this?

RollModel 06-10-2005 04:53 AM

The recall covered 04/05 Vinsons and KQs. I live in a fairly warm area of Canada so I am just getting the recall done on mine while it is in for some service. I would definitely speak with Suzuki if you get any kind of run around. Let them know that "many" are interested in the outcome.

Gdub 06-10-2005 07:59 PM

Darn thing has been sitting there for 2 weeks! Starting to get PO'd. Corporate lawyer has called on it allready to say tough chit.....

Who knows where it will go from here? I am still waiting to here more from my dealer.

Gdub 06-14-2005 08:45 PM

It will be 3 weeks this Friday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

They are sending a rep this week to look at it, good or bad?? I guess I have to hope this guy (or who ever) will find something to say this is a warranty issue, if not I guess it's going to be a big a$$ brawl!