Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New King Quad vs. the rest of the competition.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New King Quad vs. the rest of the competition.

wisely spoken my friend ,but all in all the king quad it perfect for me compared to any toher atv out there so i am gonna go with the king quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and thank again for the awsome info red [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

If the King is the perfect machine for you, as it was for me, then by all means, do it. Put that Rancher in the trader and clean her up real good. I had 5,800 miles on my Rubi and I shined her up almost like it was new and sold it for $3,500. We gave $3,000 for it. I'm a firm believer in STP Son of a Gun for the plastic, racks, seat, etc.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Trailblazer

think i should wait for the 06 model ? i would liek a black one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

keep in mind cars speedo go up to 160 but can only do 120 so basically it don't mean it does 90 maybe if you put lots of after market parts you can cause i am pretty sure they would detune it for safety reasons

Old 07-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

According to DW Mag, the Bomb 800 only took 10 sec to reach 75mph and said it was the best handeling IRS quad right now.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GE4x4
According to DW Mag, the Bomb 800 only took 10 sec to reach 75mph and said it was the best handeling IRS quad right now.

Now that's fast, I can't wait to get one. 10 seconds to 75 is smoking.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

The Review

Engine
The 800cc V-twin is the largest powerplant ever offered in any ATV. Sure, Polaris claims their largest Sportsman is an 800, but in fact the cc measurement only adds up to 760.
An electric starter is standard, with no backup system. The reason behind this is that the electronic fuel injectors will not operate with a dead battery. However, BRP claims its 12 amp battery is very long lasting. Most
dead batteries are caused by people leaving the ATV's key on, and BRP has built in an automatic shutoff system for such an instance. If the key is left on with the engine not running, the electrical system will shut down after 15
minutes.
Chassis
The unique feature about the Outlander's independent rear suspension has been its use of trailing arms instead of A-arms. Trailing arms offer the same ground clearance advantages as A-arms while utilizing less moving parts. Instead of using a swaybar to combat body roll, each trailing arm is connected at its pivot point to a progressive-rate torsion bar. On the front end, the only complaint we had with the 400 Outlander was its single A-arm setup. Well, the new 800 has an upgraded dual A-arm setup. The added upper A-arm is made of aluminum and holds a preload adjustable shock with eight inches of wheel travel on each corner. The two shocks in the rear offer nine inches of preload adjustable movement. This complete suspension setup helps provide an even twelve inches of ground clearance under the 639 pound machine. While ground clearance has been raised over the 400, the seat height has actually dropped a half inch, keeping the center of gravity as low as possible.
More Specs
The larger 800cc V-Twin powerplant required Bomb engineers to lengthen the 400's wheelbase from 49 to 51 inches. Bumper to bumper, the length remained at 86 inches. Having a longer wheelbase without stretching the overall size usually equates to a better ride over the bumps.
Power
The 800 has more power than you would ever need in an ATV. On the trails that power translates into speed. On some of the wider trails we tested on, the 800 reached speeds of an even 75 mph. The thrilling part of that number is that it only took 10 seconds to reach that limit. On tighter trails, the 800 has the feel of a sport quad. It shoots from corner to corner and climbs hills with little effort. The power is very seamless, yet exciting. It won't rip your arms out of their sockets, but if you do give the bars a tug, wheelies are no problem. During high speed ride sessions, our test riders were very comfortable using only three quarters of the throttles limits. There was always power to spare. Always! The CVT tranny kicks in at low revs so casual trail rides can be comfortable and not tiring. Downhill engine braking is just as strong. We were able to descend very steep grades with perfect traction at about a mile an hour.
Handling
Having power is one thing, but being able to point the ponies where you want to go is just as important. The 800 will do just that. For a 639 pound machine, the 800 doesn't feel heavy. However, when you ride it, you can still tell you are on a utility machine. That's evident occasionally when the rear rack taps you in the butt. The 46 inch wide 800 corners very well. It is just as stable running on a straight line as it is carving turns on a fire road or tight trail. There is only a slight hint of body roll. However, you can't feel any weight transfer to affect it's cornering abilities. You can't get the rear end to slide like you can on a Prairie 650 or 700, but from our initial ride, the 800 handles as well if not better than any big bore IRS equipped quad.
Dislikes
We would like to see BRP and other manufacturers develop new and unique ways to provide storage options on their sport utility machines. Now that most machines are as powerfull as they need to be, making them more practical is very attractive to today's buyers.

The single lever braking concept still hasn't impressed us yet. On the 800, brake bias is concentrated more on the front wheels so when you have a panic situation and grab the single lever hard, the front end nose-dives. We would rather have total control of the braking pressures.
Conclusions
What we did like about the new 800 is the performance. It handles like a dream and accelerates like a fantasy. The chassis is very controllable and doesn't have any bad manners to report. It's comfortable, fast and fun to ride. It seems as though the entire package of the new 800 has been well thought out and built for performance. It's more powerful than a Brute Force 750, has suspension as plush as a Sportsman 800, and handles as well as Honda's
Rincon. From our initial test, it's hard to think of any one machine that will top the total BRP package. Since this unit won't be available for any long term testing for a few months, we'll have to wait until then for a shootout. Who knows, by then we may have new big bore offering from Yamaha and Honda. If they want to compete with the new Bomb 800, they better get on the gas.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Trailblazer

reading that i still like the king quad alot more haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer

Just make sure you have a Arctic Cat 650 riding with you. Just in case you need to get pulled out. lol The king is a good bike, trail riding it is probably the best on the market. We have alot of mud here so I went for ground clearance. To each his own

Old 07-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BCNUCS
Just make sure you have a Arctic Cat 650 riding with you. Just in case you need to get pulled out. lol The king is a good bike, trail riding it is probably the best on the market. We have alot of mud here so I went for ground clearance. To each his own
The King is a beast in the mud, trust me. Maybe not as much as the 650 AC, but it will eat some slop if needs be.

Quick Reply: New King Quad vs. the rest of the competition.