Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad first big test in the deep. ?????????'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad first big test in the deep. ?????????'s

I just past the 10 hour break in period, did a service and took it out for a real test with a few other big bores. Let me say first the condition's were by no means normal, i live in muskeg capital of the world and it's at it's worst right now because of all the rain we've been getting, lot's and lot's of winching. My biggest complaint was that stupid rev limiter, i'm wondering now if this was Suzuki's fix for the reverse gear problem, because if it was, it work's good now, you couldn't even break plastic gear's if you wanted to. When i needed reverse to get out of a mud hole it just didn't have what it took to back itself out because of the limiter, and the overide button seem to do absolutely nothing in reverse, the engine would just pop, bang and sputter. In forward gear it was fine, when the engine would reach it's limit i would use overide and it worked. For the rest of the trip i left the diff unlocked and it was o.k. Is this normal on the king or do i have a problem?
One guy in our group suggested bypassing the limiter like he did on his Grizzly he said it was simple once he found a diagram of his wiring. Has anyone heard of doing that on the KQ? I also have to comment on his Grizz, this thing was amazing in the mud, he's running outlaws for rubber and i think he has a clutch kit, but i could not go where he went maybe it was the tires... i don't know i have mudbugs on mine, it did **** me off though lol. One other thing on the way back i found the engine sputter and kind of backfire a little bit and twice it stalled but fired right back up. Anyone with opinions, thanks.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

i would try to bypass but the override.... the override should do that if its not i would think something is wrong with it just my 2 cents cause on my buddys 500HO there is a rev limiter in reverse and all u do is use the over ride

Old 07-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hey buddy, your right adout alberta being the muskag capital, where abouts do you live? As for the sputtering and stalling you experienced, I have had the same problem at every rally I went to this spring, but like you said she'll fire right back up and run perfectly. I've told my dealer about this problem and they couldn't find any thing wrong. It's only happened to me when i was riding hard all day in the rallies. I've havent had any problems with my reverse, I hit the overide and it works fine, my friends new grizzly sputters in reverse even with the overide pressed, i think it might be the button thats faulty.