Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LTZ 400 Top Speed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 12:51 PM
Mudslinger5150
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 70 is not the stock top speed I’ve hit 74

I have an LTZ400 and I’ve hit 74 miles an hour on flat ground slightly going uphill and I was on my GPS I think if you know how to ride or drive you can make anything exceed the manufactures top speed speculation. I have done no mods to my quad it hasn’t been lowered there’s no aftermarket sprocket on it everything internally on the motor in stock the only thing that’s not stock is the ignition because some jack *** tried stealing it and was very unsuccessful but very successful at tearing up my ignition. Otherwise it’s got the stock plastics on it stock rims Hell even the handlebars are still original
Originally Posted by MrCrazyfoot
A person usually does not spend much of there time going top speed when riding an atv. Never the less it seems everyone wants to know what there top speed is. You here a lot different cliams of outragous speeds on so called stock machines such as 80 mph on a stock LTZ 400 where as the real top speed is more around 65-68 mph depending on the conditions. I have an 03 Z 400 w/ yosh pipes, jet kit, K&N, and a few other aftermarket parts. I wanted to know my top speed so I got my friend on a dirt bike with a speedometer to follow my atv on dirt roads. This is not 100% accurate but close enough. We tested on three different grades Flat, Up Hill, and Down Hill.

Heres the results:

Down Hill: 72-73 mph Up Hill: 68-69 mph Flat: 70-71 mph These numbers may be off by a few mph, but they are fairly close.
There are a few other ways to find your top speed such as GPS which is the most accurate. Or timing between two points.

What are your top speeds?