Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Oulander 800 or King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oulander 800 or King Quad

Those are MSRP prices, if you expect to get an Outty 800 right now while they are in high demand you'll pay well over that. Dealer's will keep adding fees and taxes to the price, those aren't OTD prices or else it would say they are.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Toyeboye,

if you read my post you would notice that I did state those were MSRP prices. I bought my DS from these guys a they're a great shop to work with. They beat any other place around by $750 on my DS. They aren't out to bend you over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

You can't compare quad prices from state to state.

Different market = different prices.

You might get the Bomb 800 for $7500 in one state and then you may not be able to get it for less than $10,000 in another state 500 miles away. It's all about supply and demand. If no one wants it, you will get it cheaper. If they are moving fast off the showroom floor, you will pay more than MSRP.

So it's really kind of pointless for someone in Kentucky (for example) to tell someone in Texas how much they should be paying for any new quad. Two different markets.

Economics 101

Old 10-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
The KQ is a slug from 0-9 mph,but moves out pretty good after that.

The new 800 Bomb will COMPLETELY SMOKE the KQ in ANY part of the powerband.

Agreed!

I also wactched a stock Bomb 800 beat a slightly modded BF in a 300ft drag, after the Bomb did a wheelie off the line for about 20ft!

Old 10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. LEP...Thanks for the homework. Problem is ....I live in washington....I may shop another state that is closer...thanks.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

No problem Pastor. Just wanted to show you what the machines do go for.

For those dealers who do go well over the MSRP, they're not out to satisfy a customer. By offering a good deal on a machine, they will draw more customers by word of mouth. I do understand that it varies state by state, but all the delaers pay the same for the machines not to mention, ( I don't know if all manufacturers offer it) some dealers receive a holdback for each sale. So they could sell you a machine at their cost and still make money.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Well all I know is here in Michigan me and my relatives have never gotten a brand new quad for under the MSRP, but it is pretty populated around here so the demand is pretty high, we always work the dealers down to their lowest OTD price and it's usually a few 100 bucks over MSRP. But it definitely varys by state.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
I was just at the dealer yestaerday....10.000.00+(tax, license,set up chrg)....and they "aint comin down". That was straight from the horses mouth.

I'd tell the dealer to put down the crack pipe if he is selling it nearly 2 grand over MSRP. Set up fee should be called screw over fee. If they say they "ain't comin' down" I'd tell them to get bent and go elsewhere.

Call or stop by every different dealership you can find and ask them for their bottom line OTD price. When a friend of mine bought his KQ he called around and found the lowest price and then went back to his local dealer and told him he would buy from him for that number no set up fees, no freight, no hidden charges-just cash on the barrel head and the ATV loaded in the bed of his truck. His local guy agreed somewhat reluctantly but in the end agreed.

Old 10-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer

I bought the first 800 XT in Colorado... the cost for the standard machine was 8092, which included all taxes and fees. I paid the extra fro the xt package, but the msrp is the same as the polaris 800. Where I live, the Polaris dealer will not deal at all, but the Bombardier gives a discount if you belong to Sams, as well as 15 pct off all parts or extras bought at the store. To me, it is rather pathetic when somoene has to try to slice another atv in order to make themselves feel good that they bought the one they did.
If you love the KQ, great.. that is your choice. I rode one, as well as the Polaris 700, and to me, there was simply no comparison for the type of riding I want to do.

2006 Bombardier 800 - Sparky Sunshine

Old 10-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

CaptainQuint,

Your friend sounds like he did it right! My co-worker called 20 dealerships here when he bought his Camry and only ONE finally said yes to what he wanted and what he was going to pay with no strings attached. Well worth a few phone calls and a few stops at various dealerships imo.

Quick Reply: Oulander 800 or King Quad