Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:34 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

I was afraid that no one was on here. If PG had not emailed me, I would not had known all this was going on. I havent been getting my reminders........!?

SOOO, Whats up? PG is having an issue with a cam? Ill read back and see whats up.

ILL BE BACK!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, I thought you would have had 1000's of subscriptions email reminders by now.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Take some better ones n post em. What does it take to get featured n how do you know when you are?

I've been wondering where BigMc was for a long time now. He's leaving the 2 of us to do all the work, lol.

The only thing I can think about the stage 2 is that the engine must flow better than what the computer is saying it will. I'll try to mess around with valve sizes and see what it takes to make a stage 2 better than stock. Btw, I tried the sim on a different version and got the same results.</end quote></div>

Now all i have is a rolling chassis, and 2 1/2 engines in boxes! Not very picture pretty!

They feature random pixs and email you, did BigMc several months ago..

Old 10-20-2007, 10:03 PM
BigMc

You can throw up all the graph's you want. Ive got seat of the pants experience. Ive give away a stage 1 to one of the guys on here.
It was unused for a reason......Ive been there, done that.
I mean no dis-respect. Everyone has a right to there own opinion. Hell, if it were possible, id let enyone that wanted, throw a leg over mine and try it first.
the stage 1 is just that, the first stage to real power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The stage 3 is just way to much for a machine you want to use for anything else than "wide dam open". Combine a 2 and a 2mm overbore and your ready to do some serious PLAYING. (lets get real here, it aint no 450r).
As well as a overbore, the #2 requires springs and more air/fuel. The flat slide is a must, I.M.O.
I must say, REMOVING the valve springs is very, very easy. Its putting them back on that can be a challenge for the newbie. To do the job does take a special tool, but, its not that expensive. About $30.00 if I remember right. If you want, ill be proud to do the job for you.

Bigmc

Old 10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta go, my other passion is just about ready to start, UFC!!!!!!!!!!!
Well next to Steeler football......... Sunday night game BTW!

My wife is gonna kill me if I find 1 more thing to "waste" money on, luckily she like the quads, UFC, but I can't forgive her for being a Cowboy fan.....

Old 10-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What do you have to do to get your 265 up n going?

The only way I can get the stage 2 cam to beat the stock one is if I raise the bore size to something like 3inches or more. I played with valve sizes until the valves where as big as the bore, lol. Impossible, but even then the stage 2 didn't outperform stock. But raising the bore size moves the whole curve down in rpm and makes the curve sharper and more pointed at the top. That way, the stage 2 shines because it adds the top end and makes the top of the curve flatter. But even then I dont think the area under the curve is greater than stock, just the HP figures go up. Btw, 3 inch bore = 306cc with stock stroke. Oh, and you'd also have to run large tube open exhaust.

Its looking to me that stage 2 is a crappy grind for the 230, or else this sim program is a load of crap. I've tried everything to make it work like you would think it should in real life, but it just don't. The only way to know for sure is to have someone ride with a stock cam and then put the stage 2 in and go for another ride n see if it has more power. And also do it without changing anything else.

What's happening is that most people get the stage 2 and also put a nice pipe on and a bigger carb and KN filter and bore it out to max and then take a ride n say, "wow, stage 2 really added some power!". I don't know...

Old 10-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

What do you have to do to get your 265 up n going?

Time and knowledge/confidence are my biggest problem, my friend, mainly time.

I have pretty much everything to get rolling again, maybe some little things I am missing, but pretty much there... Now that I am not working all the time, I'll get there..........

Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Time.... It seems everyday there is a little less of it.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 PM
BigMc

Thats a good argument. While building mine, i run a overbore and the stock cam for about a year.
The combination has the stock power band but with added extra power through out. This, of course, is a direct affect of the rise in displacement AND compression.

With the stage 2 cam, there is a very noticeable increase in the mid to upper rpm range. I noticed the front end lifting much eariler and longer while your in the throttle.

The 230 has a very long stroke (for its size) and the added burn just adds to the fun factor during hard exceleraton.

To be honest, unless your just looking for a reason to not use the stage 2, id say go for it. It will lend itself to any other upgrade you might want to do.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:39 PM
BigMc

Hey PG. UF Who? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I gotta go, my other passion is just about ready to start, UFC!!!!!!!!!!!

Well next to Steeler football......... Sunday night game BTW!

My wife is gonna kill me if I find 1 more thing to "waste" money on, luckily she like the quads, UFC, but I can't forgive her for being a Cowboy fan.....</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.