Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Is the switch part of the cdi unit or soemthing?? can u point it out on a bikebandit diagram? I have an 86, maybe u have extra parts? lol

Old 12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Good idea gforce! Where did you get the idea for bedliner on your frame? It looks good and should be really tough. I don't think I would have done the handlebars and swingarm though, but I guess they could still be painted. Anyway, I'm impressed. Just wondering why I didn't think of it first. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mjlar94

If you can take a 2nd look adn give me a run down on what the orange feed goes to and how many wires attach to the rectifier that would be a HUGE help!</end quote></div>

Whew... I hate typing stuff twice, but ok... The orange wire is the power from the magneto. It goes to the light switch. The other wire from the light switch goes to the regulator and the dimmer. Do you have the dimmer?

The regulator attaches to all the gray wires. The regulator has a gray wire coming out. All the grays get there power from the orange when you turn the lights on.

Maybe you should just tell me what color wires you have coming out of the switch assembly and I'll tell you how to hook it all up.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Is the switch part of the cdi unit or soemthing?? can u point it out on a bikebandit diagram? I have an 86, maybe u have extra parts? lol</end quote></div>

The switch is on the handlebars. The light switch.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

My new pictures should be up. I have been thinking about how I can cover up my bare metal & and beautify a little bit anyway the quad w/o having to spend an arm & leg (meaning bead or sandblasting & then powder coating).

So I came up w/ using Herculiner (for those that don't know used for bedliner for trucks as a do it yourself instead of rhino lining etc). 1 quart cost $30.00 and recommends doing two coats so that's what I did. I have the frame and swing arm done as seen in the pictures and 1st coat on the axle carrier and still have a little more left in the can. I will have to buy another quart to finish off the a-arms, kicker and some other little things I have left but, I really like how it first of all should completely protect my metal parts from rust since I stripped and grinded all the original paint off and it will easily cleanup and finally looks a whole lot better and when all said & done will cost around $60.00 (2 quarts Herculiner).

To see how tuff it is I used a screwdriver after it dried for a couple of days and took a couple of good stabs at the frame and didn't even do anything to the liner so should last for a very very long time.</end quote></div>

EXCELLENT!!!! [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

A friend of mine used to own a line-x franchise, he sprayed everything he owned!
The best was his 69? bronco rock crawler!!!! Frame, inside, outside, cage, every piece of metal..
Had him spray my old rivited aluminum fishing boat inside and out, no more slow leak![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

So, is the big bore going in this beauty?

Old 12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Good idea gforce! Where did you get the idea for bedliner on your frame? It looks good and should be really tough. I don't think I would have done the handlebars and swingarm though, but I guess they could still be painted. Anyway, I'm impressed. Just wondering why I didn't think of it first. [img][/img] [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Might be a lil hard to put grips on![img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

But from the wiring diagrams I'm looking at the grey wire from the rectifier feeds the grey wire on the light switch? Does it just tap in with those and ground to frame?

Old 12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

But from the wiring diagrams I'm looking at the grey wire from the rectifier feeds the grey wire on the light switch? Does it just tap in with those and ground to frame?</end quote></div>

Dont ground any gray wire to the frame! THat will short out your lighting coil!

No, the gray wire on the rectifier gets fed from the gray wire on the light switch. THe switch gets fed from the orange.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Got my Klaws today! Woo Hoo! Gonna put them on as soon as the sun goes down (these short days I have to take advangtage of all the daylight I can get to work outside).

Old 12-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Range Rover

sorry....de de de!

What color wire does the orange connect to on the switch?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.