Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustRandy
I was sleeping earlier and woke up. Can't sleep, so I'm fooling around with the new pc. I'll probably nap again at sunrise. I'm a basket case when it comes to sleeping.
I'm right there with you. I hate sleeping, it just feels like I'm wasting time. Sometimes I wonder if I'd feel more awake if I didn't sleep! Like right now I feel fine, but if I sleep, I'll wake up exhausted, and be tired for 3 hours before I finally wake up.

I've got to get sleep though since the girlfriend wants me over for her family's Easter party tomorrow afternoon.

Oh and would you believe I passed physics 2 while I was taking calc 1?? The physics at our school is calc based physics too! I passed, but it was close. I'm a lot better at school when the subject is applied. So I do great in my mechanics, statics, etc, and horrid in Calc, chem, etc.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

That looks about as good as you'll do. Same part number. Check the valves first though. A bad coil will start fine when cold, but not when warm. Valves are the opposite.
lol, then it seems as though we'll be doing both!!

Old 04-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
No, its when you're powering up your computer from off. It doesn't boot windows, it just goes to a very simple operating system that takes virtually no time to load. Its pretty neat! The auxillary screen is sweet too, It tells me when I get emails, who their from, and what the subject is!

I haven't had a chance to install any of my games yet.

Nice! Glad you like your computer too! What's an overclock?
Overclock is when you turn up the clock on your cpu, memory, pci cards, etc. I can make them run faster than stock. Like the cpu says 2.6 on the box (200 x 13)... I can turn it up to 6.5 apparently (500 x 13). I don't think it would be very stable at that speed, but the setting is on the utility.

All chips are basically the same. The really goods ones get labeled and sold as a higher speed the the rest. But sometimes you can buy a not-so-good one and still clock it up faster. Back in the day, overclocking was pretty useful. But now days they're so fast, what's the point? Its like getting more power from a 230... That's useful. But a thudercat??? What's the point?

Old 04-11-2009, 04:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Old 04-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'm right there with you. I hate sleeping, it just feels like I'm wasting time. Sometimes I wonder if I'd feel more awake if I didn't sleep! Like right now I feel fine, but if I sleep, I'll wake up exhausted, and be tired for 3 hours before I finally wake up.
Did I write this??? Sounds like something I'd say.

Its been that way my whole life... Struggle to get to sleep and struggle to wake up at the appointed hour. I'm more tired AFTER 8 hrs of sleep than before. Now I just say to hell with it and catch naps whenever I want. I still wake up tired, but less time goes to waste.

I've got to get sleep though since the girlfriend wants me over for her family's Easter party tomorrow afternoon.
I think I've successfuly avoided all those for this year.

Oh and would you believe I passed physics 2 while I was taking calc 1?? The physics at our school is calc based physics too! I passed, but it was close. I'm a lot better at school when the subject is applied. So I do great in my mechanics, statics, etc, and horrid in Calc, chem, etc.
I did well in calc 1,2,3 or so, but when it got up to the last 2 or 3 classes, it was no longer calc, but number theory with matrices n crap and I had other things on my mind. Never been a fan of chemistry either. I was a math whiz in HS. I took geometry and algerbra 2 in the same year and aced them both. My senior year I was taking calc, so college was just more of the same... The only thing that changed was a new-found freedom to not show up to class due to parties n such. My grades suffered. My advice: Work while you're young and party when you're old.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I didn't get a chance to dig into that 230 today. It ran great though, we ran it pretty good up and down the streets a few times. Lots of strong power and it pulls hard too.

Still wouldn't kick-start worth a dam though. Next time I have some time I'll check the valve lash, and if that doesn't work, we'll order that new primary coil. I watched that valve lash adjustment video, so I think I should be able to do it.

My 230's running great too. I ran it a few times up and down the road and I don't notice any drag from that new O-ring chain. Seems nice. My old chain was in terrible shape.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, i got the lights working. headlight seems fine but when i rev it a little, the taillight bulb burns out. ya think it's shorting out or just wired up wrong.

used the old Pledge furniture spray trick on the fenders this afternoon. sooo much better than Armorall. dang it's looks sexay!

Old 04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

Your crankshaft is bent. 90% sure. It happens when you're revving out and the back wheels leave the ground and come back down on something solid. The irresistable force meets the immovable object and the crank bends. This is why high-performance cranks are welded and not just pressed together.

If its not that, then somebody put a different piston in or something to throw the balance off. Other than that, it could be the flywheel/clutch... But hard to imagine that unless someone was beating on it or trying to pry it off with a crow bar.
That is something that I will have to check out, where would it be bent? at the connecting rod bearing? I will have to keep my eyes open for another crankshaft. I had replaced the piston recently, due to the excessive smoking issue, but it was replaced with a weisco 230e piston.

Other than that vibration issue at higher RPMS, she runs like a top, just finished replacing the front wheel bearings, swing arm bearings, and rear wheel bearings. The swing arm bearings were hooped (especially on the left side)

The new bearing fit in there tight, with no play, I will have to get another rubbinh block, but for now, this will work

Old 04-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MalHombre
ok, i got the lights working. headlight seems fine but when i rev it a little, the taillight bulb burns out. ya think it's shorting out or just wired up wrong.

used the old Pledge furniture spray trick on the fenders this afternoon. sooo much better than Armorall. dang it's looks sexay!

Could there be an AC/DC conflict in the bulbs? The magneto puts out AC.

Pledge works well on restoring scratched cds and dvds too. Spray it on and let it setup some, then wipe it around to fill the scrathes. It works!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'll post some pics soon about the swingarm.... I'm in the middle of setting up a new computer n all.

The crank may not be bent per se, but its a 3 piece design and the rod bearing connects the 2 halves of the crank.

Here's a pic of Falicon's cranks.... You can see the welding to keep them from moving or "bending": http://www.faliconcranks.com/images/supercrank-2.jpg

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.