Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Originally posted by: BigMc
I went riden today.
Took the Sport and my Big Bear down to my pops land. He and I run around the farm several hours. Its was good to get the 230 out and run it.
I forget how much fun it is to get out and just flog the hell out of the 230. Hills, mud, wide open in the stretch, man...its great. To be 20 years old, it is still a very fun machine.

Its not showing any signs of slowing up any time soon either.

Heres to another 20.

BigMc
I'd love to say I am right behind ya, but I probably won't be able to ride her for another month or so! My lil engine up grade has turned into a complete, down to the frame restoration, and I am working 12-14 hours a day again. But on the up side, we bought a toy hauler today!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It will sure make it easier to escape quicker on the weekends!

Old 04-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think I have an old stock carb sitting on the shelf. yankopecki, What do you need?
I'd like to have the whole thing, but all I really need is the main part of the body. I drilled out that tip and with the new screw turned in all the way it runs but is a bit rich. My slide is a little messed up too on the surface the idle speed screw presses up against.

I got to run it some this weekend but only about a minute between refilling one of my new front tires that the tire shop ripped the bead of. I tried to steal the front wheels and tires off a 300ex and a raptor but neither would fit.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

I got my new carlisle badlands 22x11-10 on back n 22x7-10 on front and went out yesterday. its a whole lot better than the trail wolfs. i did the hill climbs without rolling! lol. but i did have an accident. the tracks entrance crosses 2 of its paths to get to the main circle (the whole thing is wooded area) and i was going down the track and all of a sudden i see a dirtbike coming on the entrance. hit front tire met the side of my back one, i wenton 2 wheels then over the handle bars and when i get up the suzukis on its lid. i push it over really quick and run over to the bike and its still sitting on its side running and hes crawling over to it to shut it off. i helped him up and he was alright. the suzuki started up on the first kick and so did his KTM 450. luckily a few scratches is all we got.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

i have had people tell me my 230 is an 87 and then some tell me its an 85.. im realy not sure at all.. all it says on the frame is 84 and they didnt have 230s in 84.. is there anyone that can look at my pictures and tell me the year????

Old 04-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Your swing arm is from an 87-up, that don't mean thats what is. Supposedly there is a website you can run the VIN/serial number.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

Been a while for me since i got onto this forum, but got a question about my 230, i bought a carb rebuild kit, and now the bike won;t kick over is there anything that will putting in the new carb kit that sometthing could of gone, funky.
Any help is always great!
Cheers
Paul

Old 04-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer

anybody got a stator and cdi box for sale.. if so private message me and lets talk!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: paulters
Been a while for me since i got onto this forum, but got a question about my 230, i bought a carb rebuild kit, and now the bike won;t kick over is there anything that will putting in the new carb kit that sometthing could of gone, funky.
Any help is always great!
Cheers
Paul
Welcome back Paul! I am not the one to give advice, not enough mechanical know how, But..... Years ago when I rebuilt my stock carb, I messed up the float positioning somehow and the bowl would not fill up properly. Took it apart again, followed the directions in the clymer book (duh, I should read em first), and she was back to the one kick wonder!!

Hope it helps.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:34 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: paulters
Been a while for me since i got onto this forum, but got a question about my 230, i bought a carb rebuild kit, and now the bike won;t kick over is there anything that will putting in the new carb kit that sometthing could of gone, funky. Any help is always great!CheersPaul
Try this man. Leave the ignition OFF. Choke the carb. Using the compression lever, kick it over three to four times. Then, turn off the choke, turn on the ignition and try the start it.
You should try it 2 or 3 times if it does not fire the first time.
The rebuilt carb may be running to lean to start the machine. If you can get it to start, you will need to re-adjust the carbs air and idle screws.

Good luck.

BigMc

Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

Try this man. Leave the ignition OFF. Choke the carb. Using the compression lever, kick it over three to four times. Then, turn off the choke, turn on the ignition and try the start it.
You should try it 2 or 3 times if it does not fire the first time.
The rebuilt carb may be running to lean to start the machine. If you can get it to start, you will need to re-adjust the carbs air and idle screws.

Good luck.

BigMc[/quote]

I never used my decompression lever with my old engine, both mine and my wifes are disconnected for that matter.
What is its purpose? And should I put it on with my new engine?

Many moons ago, as my feeble brain can recall, they were used on my bigger displacment thumper motorcycles, but I haven't a clue what it was for...

Thanks

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.