Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:41 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 to 87 Suzuki LT230S help.

OK!! Lets see who is serious about there LT230s Performance.
Who has upgraded there stock carb? What brand is it and where did you get it? $
Overbore or Big Bore? " "
Exhaust?
Twist or Thumb throttle? Why? " "
Upgraded shocks or other boinger components? Do you see a pattern here?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Tires/wheels? Why? (favorite brand or just a good deal)? "
Have you widened and/or streched your QS230? Why?
Any thing that I overlooked. """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""
Do/did you race? I've heard of ice racing these machines, but where I live you never see that much ice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I have noticed, that most often folks that own these machines are first time or entry level riders. But every now and then you see somebody that was old enough to ride when these units were new and there holding on to there beloved zuk. I remember haveing a sales flyer of a 85 LT250R on my wall.

The very lucky entry level or first timers that received a "hand-me-down" or picked one up cheap because it needs work could benefit from our, uhhh, your experience with these machines.
Yes you can search through old threads to, maybe, find the info your looking for but whats the chance?
Who knows, you might just help make up a mind or two to keep theres in a good state of tune or even buy one to bring back to life.
Oh, and if you have pics of a project QS230, either past or present, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
BigMc

The following users liked this post:
elMasKabronskeez (10-17-2021)
Old 01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S help.

Built my 230S over the summer last year (2005) from the ground up ( rolling chasis and the engine was in a 5 gallon bucket), I probably have the same stuff as half the folks that have one of these:

DG exhaust
Rejetted carb ( factory carb )
Dick Ceppeke low profile tires, chrome rims ( not sure of brand )
rear sprocket 39T
front sprocket 14T

In search of after market swing arm to extend it probably about 3-4 inches.
Probably will get it bored out this summer during bike season, but for now I am going stock for the winter.
Still undecided if oil cooler is worth the money or not.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:23 PM
BigMc

Thanks sahzookee, Do you have any pics?
I just posted last night on my swing arm (+4) and how it came to be.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

yeah, I kind of got screwed during the building process. My digital didn't work so I had to use my camera phone to document the process. I am waiting on Verizon to help me figure out how to send them to my CPU so I can download them. My only other option is to download pictures of the completed quad, now that I broke down and bought another camera it shouldn't be too hard.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually spent most of my time on "exotic" dirt bikes but the 1st thing I ever owned was a QuadSport, so that was the reason for my rebuild. It's just a fun little machine to tinker with..

Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 PM
BigMc

Sahzookee, I know the feeling. i built my machine when i did not know there was a thing such as atvconnection. I wish i had my 3 year rebuild on record but thats a loss..........................anyway. Like to see the finished pics all the same.
I agree with AtomicPunk on the tinkering issue. They are fun to play with.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

I was originally planning on doing a oem restore but i found a +4 swingarm and decided to punch it out and have some fun.
80 over (243c)
Wiseco piston
Webcam stage 1 cam
32mm Mikuni carb & Uni filter
severely ported head and multi-angle valve grind

The following users liked this post:
elMasKabronskeez (10-17-2021)
Old 01-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Range Rover

Atomic, I noticed you have an after market front bumper where did you find it ? I have been everywhere I know of trying to find one, even e-bay. One guy on here told me to get one made but I have little patience for going through all that. Thanks for any tips

Old 01-07-2006, 10:26 AM
BigMc

OK! Now theres a long list of mods.That, MalHombre, has got to be the most spoiled ( good spoiled ) 85 I have ever seen. You have absolutly pampered that machine.
Ya know, the 85 was a first of its kind. Fully suspended, disc brakes, pure sport 4 stroke. Followed by machines that just built on a solid idea.
Like any good car restoration project, the first or last years are the best models to choice.
Where did you get that front bumper?
What did you do to get thet 32mm to work without loading up? When I got my carb I was considering the 32mm also, but was told by White Brothers that I would have problems with flooding. Quote " to much carb for that litte motor".
What main jet do you run?
I noticed in the pics that you dont run the stock filter box at all. Will you be doing much riding in wet conditions?
Thanks for the post and the input.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

well.. i race mine... hen my crank seized so as most of you know.... im putting the cr250 motor in it.... and im still gunna race it, by the way .... around the track, i constantly win, racing Blasters, 300exs, mojaves, ect... and during practice, you guy might not things so but i have beaten 400exs.... and dont start a big s*** over me saying that ok? because its the truth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

The following 2 users liked this post by Bubba199:
elMasKabronskeez (10-17-2021), NYmike (06-12-2023)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.