Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will the new LTZ 450 do against the other 450's?

My predator has Fox shocks and they work pretty well. But if you want the best Elkas are it. Keep in mind the new Fox Floater shocks are on the market and have had great results thus far.

In any sport a sponsored rider-driver gets paid to promote the products that back them. They get paid to tell you how great a product is.

I'm expecting a shootout in DW, and ATV Sport this month.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

I like my AXIS better than my ELKAS

Old 02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I dont know. I've heard about elka's being the best and I know they are pretty good but I dont know that you can say they are the best. Either way, axis, fox, elka, works,... they are all so much better than stock its amazing. I love my shocks. Their just works front shocks with rezzies but I love em.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Well as a non racer ide say the reason zuke didnt just contract to have fox,elka or some other brand put on stock but built there own is simple. They give the buyer the option of adding whatever brand / style he wants after buying, and they dont have to pass any of the possible extra cost onto the buyer by doing so. I dont think it says they built bad suspension it just says they built a factory one and kept the outside cost down. Kind of a good thing. If you payed extra $ for fox to be put on factory, but your a Elka follower then hey, you just wasted $ on something youre not going to use. I would feel alot better paying less for a stock suspension, and afterwards improving it the way that I wanted too.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

How many shock do you think they would buy. It's only smart to let the quanity dictate the pricing and to be truthfull I'm sure a set of elkas for the zuki would raise the price of an already overpriced bike. Polaris has seemed to make it work with Fox, and keep the cost inline.

Away from the suspension....... besides the EFI there is no difference in engines on all the 450. My question is WHY does everybody say it will be so much faster than all the others. It's right in between the weight of the honda and yamaha, so nothing is to be gained there. I know it will be a killer bike I just don't see the hype. I have a feeling there will be plenty of upset customers in the near future.

Besides if EFI was so great and gained so much power we would all know the raptor 700 is king when in fact it is not.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

It will be just fine as the Saturday before the superbowl my Buddy raced a dead stock one with his somewhat modified Yami 450. He has a Ron Wood Air System (that means no air box) with a K&N and the timing mod. His bike runs well for the simple mods, it eats a lot of bikes up with more mods just the way it is. He beat the dead stock Suzuki by 2 to 6 bikes on three different races up the hill to the right of comp hill at Dumont. The dealer told me that stock it comes with " around" 40 HP and with the Yosh Cherry bomb ($40 or less) a K&N and no air box and removing the pipe baffle you should get 6 or 7 extra HP's (Sounds pretty cheap to me for those kind of gains). If you add the full yosh pipe and get the $$$ programmer from yosh you can get at least 10.....so hope that helps....

Old 02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh yeah his bike has a pipe on it as well, a small but important thing.......lol.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

So stock VS stock who do you think would win?

Old 02-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

It did beat stock 450's and 700r's out there on the hill by probably 4 to 6 bikes. I think that is a good statement for stock....I know rider experience and wieght factors in but none of the poeple riding were under 2 bills. No 160 to 180 lb mx'rs......lol

Old 02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dirtdawg1434
How many shock do you think they would buy. It's only smart to let the quanity dictate the pricing and to be truthfull I'm sure a set of elkas for the zuki would raise the price of an already overpriced bike. Polaris has seemed to make it work with Fox, and keep the cost inline.

Away from the suspension....... besides the EFI there is no difference in engines on all the 450. My question is WHY does everybody say it will be so much faster than all the others. It's right in between the weight of the honda and yamaha, so nothing is to be gained there. I know it will be a killer bike I just don't see the hype. I have a feeling there will be plenty of upset customers in the near future.

Besides if EFI was so great and gained so much power we would all know the raptor 700 is king when in fact it is not.
Having a fast engine isnt just about displacement. Yeah they are all 450's but maybe this R450's engine is built a lot different. We have seen how different the yfz and trx motors are. Also, speed isnt just about power. Traction and handling are just as important. In drag racing maybe not but a quad that can outhandle, outjump, and take the whoops faster has a good advantage.

Im pretty sure the R450 is not going to be EVERYTHING that its hyped up to be but no one can say it wont be awesome.