Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

NEW QUADRACER Z450 or the YZF 450

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW QUADRACER Z450 or the YZF 450

Ive seen the new suzuki Z450 and its fuel injected, was told more power than the new 06 YZF 450, any thoughts?

Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

i talked to the guy at my local dealer yesterday, i went and check out the new racer, that things ridulusly bad, he said if u buy the new mod by yosi the cherry bomb control unit it adds 8hp just by pluging it in, and he said it will stomp the honda and the yami, he let me take it for a quick spin, that things no joke !!

Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer

There is a great write-up about this in the recent dirt wheels magazine. They are suppose to be faster than the YFZ 450 and I know that thing is fast. My local dealer said they will have their 1st one in the showroom middle of March, and I plan on purchasing it then.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Middle of March??? I got mine out here in California on Feb 2nd- and CA is notorious for getting things imported last due to all the darn regs the state has in place. It entered the state from Japan in a seaport in TX. You may want to go into the Suzuki website and search for another dealer. I had heard through a friend that races AMA at Glen Hellen that the LT-R was being raced in So Carolina since late '05 but with Z400 race plastics so you may want to check other dealers... The thing that tips off the difference from far away asside from the plastics is the frame and battery box being where the coolant overflow on the Z400 is located. Then you notice the motor being tucked in higher to the frame, the EFI system, etc.

Regarding the power, it's no joke. When I first got the quad, I took off the airbox during break-in. Last week I put in the cherrybomb and took out the spark arrestor/silencer and could feel the extra power. I'm now waiting on the Yoshi full exhaust (titanium header w/carbon fiber silencer) along with my nerf bars (blingstar).

As I mentioned last week under a separate topic, the only quad that beat me so far was a '05 YFZ450 with 6k in ESR motor work. At that time I was still breaking in the motor. The only thing I had done was taken off the airbox lid.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:32 AM
Trailblazer

Well I will check around then. The guy at the shop here is one of my friends and he said the first one that they were going to have would be in around March. I don't know what the deal is, but I will surely ask now. I usually always purchase from them though.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Since I got mine, there has been 2 others that came through the shop last week. They get their dilliveries on Fridays at my local dealer. Infact, I've seen a few already on sale on ebay from other states.

The local dealer said that some people are a bit hesitant due to the price tag coming in around 9K with financing. And since the bike in it's factory form hasn't been really race proven yet like the YFZ and Honda's have been, people are a bit gun shy.

I know that ATV sport was out at Pismo dunes about 3 weeks ago demo'ing the LT-R450 on some of the dunes so hopefully some info will start to make it to print for the masses to review. I have a buddy that works about 5 min from the dunes and goes out with a chick that drives around the beach selling ice/water/firewood on the beach. She is the one that told him about ATV sport being out there riding the 450 during the week. I'm very interested to hear their thoughts rather than hearing how great the quad is from someone that is on Suzuki's payroll.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Trailblazer

I do agree with what you said. The reviews that were written were from 2 guys on Suzuki's payroll. I mayb wait a little while to see how they really perform. I have a close friend with a honda 450r with some work done to it and that thing is unbelieveably fast and I think he only has a tad over 9K in his.

Trending Topics

Old 02-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

I tell you what though. I've ridden alot of fast quads over the past 2 years and by far the LTR450 was the quickest / hardest hitting quad of them all for the price... even stock...... I really think that EFI is the wave of the future.... Yoshi is already offering a full ECM system for the R450. I've only put on the cherrybomb so far and that along with removing the airbox lid made a pretty noticable change for the better.

You won't be let down if you do buy one. The only knock so far is the suspension being a bit stiff from the factory. That is easily fixed due with the suspension provided from the factory. Since we race flat track / TT it'll work out for me since I slam the crap out of my quads and put on sway bars. But so far all I've done is some trail riding at Hollister Hills SVRA and then hit their quad track and with the same suspension setup and had no problem with bottoming out or taking the jumps with the suspenion losened up all the way and I'm about 200 pounds. I used to bottom out my Z400 on the same track jumps. When I put the Z400 and the R450 next to each other, my lowered Z400 is just barely lower then the stock R450 with a lose suspension. Yet, has a great ride since the whole frame appears to be shorter which allows for a greater clearance with a lower stock seat height.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ran my new r450 three times now without the lid, arrestor, and cherry bomb installed. It took a yfz that was recently jetted and piped. This quad is amazing. They key is removing the lid and arrestor plus cherry bomb addition. I hope this new first year quad holds together ok. I ride Pismo 99% of the time.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

what up calzookie... glad to hear you ride pismo.. I'll be there the weekend of 3/17 with my family and other friends from the area. would like to see the yoshi pipe setup on the LTR450. Am thinking of getting it. Let me know if you'd be down to show up.

Quick Reply: NEW QUADRACER Z450 or the YZF 450