Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Reverse Lights installed on Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse Lights installed on Vinson

I decided to take my mini driving lights off the front and mount them on the little storage box on the rear. They just plugged into the stock reverse light plugins (orange with yellow stripe is power and blue with red stripe is ground) They come on when the shifter goes into reverse. I made up 2 extensions each with 2 quick connect sockets on the end so I could plug both lights in. I mounted them with the bolts that were already there that the storage box is mounted on with. I tried them out and they lit up the yard quite well.
heres 2 pics reverse lights
Reverse lights (turned on)

Old 10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I like the wiring there. +1 for Suzuki

Old 11-18-2006, 04:26 AM
Trailblazer

vinny04,

I was wondering if you could help. I found the two female connectors at the left rear of my '05 Vinson (One Orange with a Yellow stripe and the other Blue with a Red Stripe)...... I have a backup light that has a White wire and a Black wire.

When I plug the white wire from the light into the Orange w/Yellow wire and the Black wire from the light into the Blue w/Red wire and turn the key, the backup light comes on and stays on no matter what gear I am in. When I reverse the connections, as soon as I turn the key, it blows my 15 amp Ignition fuse.....

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? Suggestions? Anyone?

Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Range Rover

Thats odd... are you sure that you plugged into the right pig tails? there are 4 female connectors hanging down by my rear wheel. The two for the reverse light should only make the light come on when the key is on and the shifter is in reverse. I tried the others before and there was power as soon as the key was turned on. Maybe I gave the wrong colours in my first post if so sorry about that.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

Vinny04,

Yes there are, or were 4 unused connectors spot tied to the frame above the left rear wheel. The orange with yellow stripe, the blue with red stripe, a solid green and a solid black wire. The Green and Black wires are there, pre-wired for the Warn winch and go to the winch's contactor wires. I do have a winch using those, so the only ones left are the orange and blue wires.

Are your backup lights plugged directly into the orange and blue wires? My light, (I'm just using one)only has a white and a black wire and that's how I did mine and I was wondering if there's something else I should be doing or something I'm missing.

I appreciate you trying to help.....thanks for the quick reply.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Range Rover

I had a look at my reverse light today, I have my white wire plugged into the orange (yellow stripe) wire and the black plugged into the blue(with red stripe).
Oh I just thought of something loock into the center of the bike above the rear drive shaft there is a small cable hooked to a switch on a thin silver coloured baracket. I think this is for the reverse light (I think the cable comes from the shifter) yours maybe stuck in the on position. Try movine your shifter to see if it moves. I'll check mine tomorow. Hope this helps.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at that....I did notice that with the light plugged in, my R or Reverse LED light on the Headlight Pod or speedometer pod also stays on no matter what gear I'm in, so maybe that's it.