ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   ltz50 quad no power (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/267004-ltz50-quad-no-power.html)

hally 05-18-2007 10:20 AM

ltz50 quad no power

Anyone out there come across any mods yet to make this litlle slug go faster. I have contacted procom and dynatek for cdi units and nothing being made yet.

Please help if you can

Hally

Western Australia

frotrk 05-18-2007 11:40 AM

ltz50 quad no power

I presume you have removed the restrictors.
Clark

WAATV 05-18-2007 03:43 PM

ltz50 quad no power

We have the 2-stroke version (LT-A50) and it has PLENTY of power. The 4-stroke will probably have less due to the heavier engine, but it should still get up and go. Have you asked the dealer? Perhaps there's something wrong with it.

bradr 05-18-2007 04:33 PM

ltz50 quad no power

remember it is a 50

yfzdreamer 05-18-2007 09:04 PM

ltz50 quad no power

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bradr

remember it is a 50</end quote></div>

halleluja

Hibrass 05-18-2007 10:37 PM

ltz50 quad no power

I"m afraid your problem isn't the fact it is a 4 stroke... It is the factory Suzuki CDI. At this time no one has a replacement. I have opened up the airbox to help on that end and took some weights out of the Clutch and that help a little out of the hole.

Sorry but I have one also and I have one disappointed 6 yr old riding it... Its a shame really it is the perfect size for smaller children with properly size controls if it wasn't for the overly restrictive CDI this thing would rock for seriuos trail riding.

Good Luck,

Hibrass

hally 05-20-2007 02:15 AM

ltz50 quad no power

Thanks hybrass

your onto it mate the cdi is the problem. I have contacted dynatek and procom who make cdi units and they have nohing in the development stage so I guess we just wait. And they are a fantastic little bike. My 5 year old loves it. We have a 20 acre property here in WA and I have made the boy's a really good track (I'm into earthmoving) and its a shame the bike is not as good as his confidence. The oldest boy has a 06 lt80 and thats fantastic. could you reccomend anywhere over your way who I could get tyres and rims and shock/springs for lt80 06 suitable for racing

Hally

hally 05-20-2007 02:23 AM

ltz50 quad no power

WAATV

quads are not very big here in WA so thats why I thought I would get on this forum. The dealer isn't interested so we are on our own. I thought the US was the a good place to start. The forum has been helpful.
Cheers anyway cobber
Hally

hally 05-20-2007 02:24 AM

ltz50 quad no power

Hibrass
what did you do to the airbox mate
hally

Hibrass 05-20-2007 09:17 AM

ltz50 quad no power

The airbox is very restrictive by design. (It is also very difficult to get to... ) I had to take off the rear plastic to get to it and remove the box. Once it was out I took a hole saw and opened up the air intake side then put the shield back on with self tapping screws... If you need any more info I need to get into it and clean it and I will take some pics..

Keep in mind if you do this it will want more gas... But then the CDI rears its ugly head... I really believe this engine would respond well to normal 4 stroke tuning tricks if the CDI wasn't such a piece of crap...

And since this is such a long post..... I was really fed yesterday and took my 6 year old to the local shop to see how he would fit on the Suzuki 90... What a waste.... The controls are so big some Kid would have to have adult size hands to use them and no foot brake... The CVT setup is nice though... Over all at this point if I was to move up to another bike I think I would just get another TRX 90 and lock it in 2nd gear.....

Later,

Hibrass