Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New Z90

Old 02-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Z90

Has anyone seen the new Z90? I am going to get my son a 90 and cannot decide on the new kaw 90, suz, or old faithful trx 90. I am getting a Z400 myself so he may want the same color that I have.

It appears the new suz and kaw 90's are not one in the same as in the past. Both are cvt vs. the honda 4 speed. How do these 90's compare in power? Does anyone have any knowlegde witht he 90's? Thanks.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

I bought a z90 for my daughter for Christmas. We have not spent a lot of time on it but I have been very impressed with it when we have had it out. I bought the z because it has a Suzuki motor in it. The Kawi motor is a Kymco if I'm not mistaken. I really liked the Honday as well but since it was my daughter's first ATV I decided to go with the CVT. The Z comes from the factory with a spacer on the drivetrain that reduces the top speed. I have not had it removed yet but it holds the motor back quite a bit. As far as handling, it is a very stable ATV and does not seem to be tippy at all.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default New Z90

The Kymco's are a good machine. That's what I would get.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

We bought a z50 and z90 for our girls at Christmas. The z50 is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. I have not had the spacer taken out yet, but our youngest won't even ride it because from the factory it is soooo slow. She can actually run faster then it. The z90 has a bit more power, but I am not impressed with it either. Are you sure the 90 has the same limiter? I have had the dealer tell me yes and no about that, so I am curious if you know for sure. It does ride nice and is fairly stable, but unless there is hidden power then it too is pretty disappointing. Both bikes have a nice look to them, but i was expecting a lot more in the power department.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

Yes I am sure the limiter is on the z90. If your dealer is not sure about it, I would check with another shop. I spoke with the service manager at my dealer on Thur. and he said it limits the 90 to about 40% of its power. I am planning on taking it in next week to have the limiter removed. I'll post my thoughts after that. I may be stating the obvious but make sure you back out the throttle limiter if it is installed. It comes from the factory preset to limit the throttle.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

The throttle limiter is off, but I am definitely ready for the limiter to be removed. I dropped of our Z50 yesterday to have the same thing done. Our 6 year old refused to ride it because it was so limited.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

We got the Z90 back yesterday after having the limiter removed. It was a big improvement. It still doesn't have the power that I had hoped for but it is plenty for my daughter. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before some after market mods are available. K&N already has a filter available. Post your thoughts on the 50 & 90 after the limiter is removed also post if you hear of any other mods.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Z90

I knew the 2007 models were all going 4 stroke, so I picked up a new KFX80 on closeout 6 months ago. I had the dealer take out all the restrictions since I will be the main rider until my daughter is a little bigger. She is 6 and has not been on it yet, but I can tell you that it flies with my 200lb butt sitting on it. The new Dirtwheels (April 07) has an article on KFX80 (LT80 is the same) mods and they made the statement that all of the new Kawasaki and Suzuki minis are using Taiwan built quads. I have seen the LTZ50 and it looks much more impressive than the KFX 4 strokes, but it may not be a Suzuki engine. Every dealer I have asked says that the 90s are not as fast as the 80 2 strokes they replaced.

I am very happy with the LT/KFX 80, especially for the price. I got mine new for $1599!!! It was the last 2005 model and they were already getting in 2007s, so it had to go. Haven't seen one that cheap since.

Did I read correctly? LT80 is endorsing a Kymco?

The Can-Am 50 and 90 look very nice, but I don't know if they are any good.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

Just got both the 50 and 90 back without the limiter. There is definitely a noticeable difference in the top end. Not really any difference in the oomph department, but they are now decent quads. I would reccommend taking them out to anyone that has these 2 rides. Once they get used to the new speed i will be looking for ideas to increase the power throughout the bikes range and not just to gain the top end speed.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Z90

That's a good deal on the LT80. I debated a long time on getting the 80 because I was having a hard time finding the LTZ90 before Christmas. Suzuki had to put the sales of the 90 on hold because the spark arrestor was not USFS approved. My dealer ordered it for me in Sept with the expectation that it would arrive in late Oct. They ended up paying a carrier to have it delivered on Dec 23rd for me to pick up on Christmas Eve. I mainly decided on the 90 because of the longer and wider wheelbase. I'm sure you are going to happy with the LT80. It has set the standard for mini-quads and the available mods are endless.

Also, let me clarify about the Kymco. I didn't mean to infer that is was a bad motor it's just that all of my experience has been with Suzuki motors so I went with the "go with what you know" logic.

Search this Thread