ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   Remove Carb from Eiger/Oil in Air Filter Box (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/282851-remove-carb-eiger-oil-air-filter-box.html)

duxrok 02-11-2008 09:08 PM

Remove Carb from Eiger/Oil in Air Filter Box

Well - when I got home tonight, my rebuild kit was in the mail. Once I try to start it - and if it doens't work (did that sound too negative?), I am going to tear it down, and stick new parts in it .

Yes - It appeared clear - but I was looking through my untrained eyes, so I don't know if that counts for anything.

Don't ring it out....I got it. Cool. Thanks for the tip.

Scott267839 02-12-2008 01:49 AM

When you remove the choke cable, you should put the choke on 1/2 to 3/4 way. This will take the pressure off of the platic nut. The first time I removed my I almost striped the last 2 threads because of the spring tenstion. Pluss if you do this to install it, it is also easier to screw on.

duxrok 02-13-2008 12:44 AM

Thanks Scott!

I haven't been able to see if my work has fixed the problems yet. The Dang Flu is kicking my butt!

When I get back to the bike, I'll post a follow up.

........I'm going back to the couch.......later

duxrok 02-16-2008 07:28 PM

So - The flu isn't gone, but its on the run, so I went out today and got my battery problem taken care of . I came home, put the new battery in, and the bike fired right up with no choke at all. It runs better now than it did for the last 5 years.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ON THIS THREAD!!!!! You all helped me get my bike back, and I really appreciate it!

I'm going riding! Later!!!

Scott267839 02-25-2008 11:54 PM

OK what fixed it? did you use your rebuild kit? What new parts did you put in?

duxrok 03-03-2008 04:01 PM

I didn't use the rebuild kit. I just cleaned it really well, soaked the parts in carb cleaner, pulled the jets, the works. Everything BUT rebuilding it. Also - I unkinked the hose that ran under the seat. I can't id exactly where the issue was, but its all good now. I'm hanging onto the rebuild kit in case something goes south again. For now - all is good with the bike. Runs great, and starts right away! That is something this bike hasn't done for some time now. I'm VERY happy with it.

What amazes me, is I can fix the bike to work, but the dealership where I bought the bike in Chesterfield couldn't. Yeah...$180, and I got back a bike that didn't work after 2 weeks. Funny thing is that I got it back, and it worked, then 2 weeks later it didn't. >???< I called, and was told that because I let the gas sit in it (for 2 weeks) that it gummed back up. I don't see how that is possible. Maybe it is, but is that realistic?? You guys know your stuff here! Maybe you can tell me...do you think that is true, or were they trying to just pass the buck off on me because they think I wouldn't know any better? I'm thinking carbs don't gum up with new gas in only 2 weeks. Sounds like they didn't want to accept blame of NOT being able, or not WILLING to put in the time to fix it to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'll never go back there. I was going to buy a motorcycle there too. Not anymore!!

hondabuster 03-03-2008 06:30 PM

2 weeks is kind of unrealistic, but it will gum up, if you leave gas in the float bowl. Almost all manufacturers recommend leaving the float bowl dry...to prevent the jets from plugging up.

AFRAID2FLY 04-09-2008 01:51 AM

They are pulling your leg bigtime. I will fill my tank and will take me at least 2 months to run it all out. I know I dont get to ride enough. I also pull start mine because I am too lazy to buy a new one. I have tried charging this thing but it will not hold a charge it is toast. Glad you are up and riding again.

Williebee 04-09-2008 08:52 AM

duxrok that's were the the Sea Foam some's into play , i've let my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Auto set up for over a month with fuel still in the carb ; i wouldn't reccomend doing this but the fuel in the tank and carb was still as fresh as the day i mixed it and poured it into the tank !

In fact every since i started using the Sea Foam and Deep Creep i don't have to pour fuel out that has been mixed from one season to the next on all my fuel from 2 stroke mix to regular gas , and it burn's as good as it did when i stored it ; the fuel that i treated in my 88' GMC S1500 Jimmy 4x4 MPV when it had a full tank of gas 21 gallon's at over $3.00 a gallon with a full 16 oz can of Sea Foam even after sitting up over a year was still good after i put in the new timing chain and gear set in the Jimmy !

The Jimmy had over 303 thousand mile's on it when it jumped time in my driveway , i bought it from a used car dealer who told me it had 87 thousand mile's on a fresh engine and drive train when i bought it ; but i worked for a few used car dealer's back in the late 60' so i didn't really didn't believe him !

After i had driven it 75 mile's it started smoking after i sit at a traffic light waiting for it to change , on takeoff it would blow out a cloud of white bluest smoke from both exhaust's but it would clear up once it got going and shortly after this it jumped time sitting in my driveway this was when i had to let it sit up over a year while saving up for the part's !

When the Jimmy jumped time it took out the starter , flywheel and the disdtributor and when i finally got it going again it started smoking again after i drove it the first 20 mile's doing it again !

I had my 87' Chevy S10 Tahoe Pickup in the shop having new seal's for the transmission replaced , and i had made up my mind to sell the Jimmy as soon as i got my truck fixed ; but the shop ran into some problem's getting the pickup put back together before i used a half tank of fuel in the Jimmy !

I went one last time to top off the tank in the Jimmy hoping i would get my S10 back before i used the fuel in the Jimmy , on the way home after topping off the tank i had to stop at a traffic light ; when it changed to green i looked into the driver side mirror expecting to see the cloud of smoke on takeoff but this time there was no smoke !

And it has been 2 year's since and it's still smoke free with over 306 thousand mile's and still no smoke since , i almost sold it at a big loss to my brother ; it was just lucky that there was a delay on the S10 transmission or i would've sold it at a big loss !

As it turned out the combustion chamber had carbon deposit's built up causing the ring's to stick when the engine got hot ; the Sea Foam cleaned out the combustion chamber after burning a half tank of the treated fuel that was in the tank over a year later !

Like i stated in my first reply in this thread i had been in the Small Engine Service and Repair Industry for over 20 yrs. , and i had tried every fuel treatment on the market ; or at least i thought i had untill my brother heard of Sea Foam from these forums and this product has been on the market since 1942 !

I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend this product for any 2 or 4 stroke engine from lawn and garden equipment , to any truck are autobile gas or deisel fuel ; it is without a doubt the best fuel treament i've ever used it also has a drying agent that will dry out water from the fuel system and when mixed with the engine oil it will remove water from the oil as well !........