ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   Lt80 strange starting issue (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/293145-lt80-strange-starting-issue.html)

MolokaiRider 07-01-2008 02:45 PM

Lt80 strange starting issue

Bike: 2005 Lt80

motor mods:

CT block off plate
FMF Fatty pipe
K@N filter with Outerwear
Valvoline motorcycle 2 stroke injector oil w/ 90.5 octane unleaded 32:1 premix
(will be switching to synthetic soon after this quart runs out.)

Here is my confusion:

The quad starts up fine, runs great, no problem. When I load the machine in my truck and drive somewhere, unload and try to start, it just cranks over but does not start. After trying to start for about five or six minutes it finally comes to life.

Oil/fuel mix is getting into the pipe.

If I use the choke it will not fire at all.

I keep the petcock in the PRI position during transit and when trying to start.

This seems like a flooding issue, and I am wondering if there is a suggestion or advice from anyone or if they have the same issue.

Thanks to all!

LT80 07-02-2008 12:43 AM

LOL. Been there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
My theory is the air flow of the truck creates a vaccum at the end of the pipe which sucks fuel in and floods it out.
Try plugging the exhaust and report back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I recommend Torco GP-7 synthetic oil. Best oil I've ever seen when taking a motor down. Wear is minimal at worst.
torcousa.com
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MolokaiRider 07-02-2008 05:56 PM

Thanks, I was curious if airflow +sloshing was creating this flooding. These things are so fun, but have a starting issue. I put a universal fuel on/off switch on today before the in-line fuel filter to see if cutting off the fuel will help. I have yet to try it, but plan on taking the bike to a riding area later this week. Hope it works. Getting tired of fuel mixture coating my rear tire!

chikaraboy 07-07-2008 08:40 PM

throw it away!!!!!!!! take it next door to your extremely handsome neighbors house and just leave it there. hahahaha. Sup Nate dog. Sounds like it was doing the same thing this morning. You got em for work good? Wll, good luck. BTW, the mountains was mean!

MolokaiRider 07-08-2008 01:26 PM

Whaddup Kenny!

How's your bike running now? Sounded better yesterday afternoon. I was veggin' out all day drifting in and out of conscienceness.

chikaraboy 07-08-2008 06:14 PM

much better now with one clean air filter. Starting better too. I gotta change the oil today. Well, good luck. I come check you out later. Kden, Alohas

MolokaiRider 07-08-2008 06:21 PM

Dude, this is funny. Be easier to just yell out your window.....lol....