Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Things to check when buying LTZ400

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things to check when buying LTZ400

Hey guys I'm gonna buy a ltz400 tomorrow and was wondering what I should look for before buying it?

Keep in mind this is my first bike so keep terms simple as possible lol.

I just don't wana buy something that is broken or in bad shape but it is a 2006 so not that old.

If I could get replies asap as I am planning on buying it tomorrow.

PS: My buddy who knows about this stuff is working so I can't ask a friend who knows about it.

Thanks,
-Tony

Old 09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With any quad I would check the bearings lift the front and rear make sure there isnt play in the wheels, oil, frame make sure there is no hidden damage, sit on the bike and move the handle bars make sure there isn't alot of play, check the gas tank make sure there is no rust in it, check the breaks, obviously ride it go thru each gear as well as putting it in reverse a few times make sure there is no hesitation thru out the rpm range when driving it.Idk if its modded but if it is make sure it was rejetted properly. When you see it you will know how it was cared for. Make sure it isn't already warmed up when you get there if it is say you will come back tomorrow you want to make sure it starts up easy when its cold. Check the sprockets for even wear it, if it looks like an ocean wave to the left or right they are worn out and need replace also check the chain. Check the air box make sure its not full of dirt or debris. Make sure all the lights work too. Thats a good start there im sure more will chime in.