Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

80's suzuki quadrunner 250 l.t.? carb question's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80's suzuki quadrunner 250 l.t.? carb question's?

Hay guys new here i joined because i have been working on some 4 wheelers for my dad. I have been working on a 80's model quadrunner this is 4x4 and all that jazz. I think it is a 250 l.t? not sure. but her is my problem some one before us has blocked all vaccum hoses and some just hangin ?Does anyone have a vaccum diagram or something that will tell me were they go ?
Also when i finally get it started it get's too much fuel it spits it out the back. thanks

steve-0

Old 03-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb settings

dont know about the vaccum except that one hose goes to an overflow valve... i believe from the top of the plastic directly in front of the carb (not towards the air box) and there is a hose coming directly off of the bottom of the carb for releasing fuel from the bowl when you need to drain it and there is a hose going through the fuel "pump" located on the front of the gas tank... this pump has a hose going to the fuel petcock and then to the carb.... the pump is aided using compression... u will know you have it right when it starts pumping fuel to the carb side when you turn it over... i dont have a diagram but there are exploded views of this carb all over the internet just google it.... if it is back firing then you have the fuel too lean and you need to adjust the carb.... the mixture screw should be turned to 1 3/4 out... (turn it in until it touches then back out 1 and 3/4 turns this is about right but you may have to make some minor adjustments... if it is too lean (not enough fuel too much air) it will backfire if it is too ritch (not enough air too much fuel) it will bog when you give it good throttle say 3/4 it should rev up smoothly and sit at that rev until you let off of it.... sometimes older bikes will backfire a little when you let off the throttle this is due to the engine starving for fuel some of it gets launched into the exhaust... if it does this after you have it adjusted check for leaks in the exhaust( usually at the flanges)