Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Please help... What's wrong with my Suzuki quadrunner 500 4x4.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT80
Welcome to the forums Ray.
May I suggest starting your own thread?
I'm sure it will get a reply more toward your problem.
Have you tried rocking the machine back and forth while trying to shift from park?
I did that many times already

Old 10-23-2018, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the solution maybe

Originally Posted by MiZZiE
Hello everyone I recently picked up a '99 quadrunner 500 4x4 I need help asap!

This is going to be long so sorry in advance!
When I went to look at it, the guy said it ran perfect this that and the other thing so I drove a half hour to see it and when I got there it would start but would die out when any throttle was given... also sometimes it wouldnt start at all.. and sometimes when it started it would rev fine but backfire and eventually die.. The guy said he was riding it all week and plug was prob bad he said he'd replace the plug get it running and come bring it to me... which he did..

He brought it to me, thing ran great I took it on the trail near my house thing sounded and performed perfect.. It would start right up etc.. Then I let it sit for about an hour.. Went outside started it, started right up.. I was messing with the lights they work great then a minute or so later it started to run like it did the day I went to look at it... poor idle, stalling when any gas given... eventually it wouldn't start at all... turns over but no start.. every few times it will make a sound like it wants to start but no go..

I will check the plug tomorrow but what would cause this? I called the guy today and he said to mess with the air/fuel screw but it was running fine all day so I don't get it.. he also said it may be flooded but I don't see how that's possible?

Please help me troubleshoot!! I am into this for alot of money and I'm pretty broke till next week after this so hopefully it's nothing seriously expensive!!

Thanks very much, I've been a member here for a year or so but new to the Suzuki side of the forum.. Sorry my first post here needs to be a plea for help. haha.

-Mike
I got the same problem witch i fixed take your carb out of the bike and remove the top cover the diaphragm must be crack or the part that hold the main needle is binding ,mine was à craked diaphragm i fixed it with some shoe-goo now it work like a charm.
Hope that help..
Spam word