Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

1992 LT230E Quadrunner drive sprocket Questions

Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 LT230E Quadrunner drive sprocket Questions

I purchased this bike 2 weeks ago. I replaced my front, rear sprockets and the chain 1 week ago. .When I took of the front sprocket and compared it to the new sprocket it was about 1 mm thicker in the middle. It had a raised plateau or table on one side at the center of the sprocket, where the transmission shaft splines go through. The area where the chain rides on the teeth is the correct width, but as you move closer to the center, where the lock washer would contact it thickens about 1 mm. I suspected this might be an issue, but assembled the items in the same order the old ones where on. First, I put the new 11 tooth Primary Drive Brand sprocket on, then put the lock washer with the cut-outs like the spocket's to fit over the splines of the shaft and then the 30 mm nut. However, i noticed that the sprocket lock washer did not have much of the splines heighth to mate with, since the splines taper down as you get closer the the threads, so the threads on the shaft can start. therefore the lock washer's center hole "teeth" did not sit in the splines deeply. My concern was that after I bent the washer over the flat spot on the nut, the washer may not lock the nut if the lock washer skips over the splines on the shaft. Hope i explained this so someone can understand it.

Does anyone know what the thickness/width of the OEM front sprocket is?

P.S. I did not see a spacer between the sprocket and the transmission housing when i took off the sprocket that came with the bike.

Also, does anyone have a tow hitch on one of this, or a plow? If so what kind and where do you get this item, i hunted on the web and could not find anything.

Thanks in advance for any info.