ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   Is Suzuki Synthetic Racing Oil any good..?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/338853-suzuki-synthetic-racing-oil-any-good.html)

2000_300ex 07-26-2011 07:17 PM

Is Suzuki Synthetic Racing Oil any good..??

im looking into buying full synthetic for my 07 ltz 400..rockymoutain has Suzuki Synthetic Racing Oil 10w40 for only $7.99 a quart...alittle cheaper then klotts or bell ray...but i cant find any reviews for it..has anybody ever used this and is it as good as the other full synthetic racing oils..???

m.jones101604 07-26-2011 07:26 PM

not sure on suk. synthetic I just use moble 1 20-50 in my yfz. pretty sure for the most part all of the new full synthetics are pretty close to each other just diffrent brands. not saying go with sothing like wolf head. but moble 1, lucas, valvoline ect. 7.99 a quart is good yamalube is almost 21 a quart at the dealer cheapest I found that is 10.99a qt. for a full case

King Quad 07-27-2011 11:46 AM

Talked to my dealer about the synthetic and he said to change the oill x2 times the first time to flush the system.
I stuck with the standard oil.
So if you do switch the 1st time will cost double.

LT80 07-28-2011 09:06 AM

There is no reason to clean it out. Drain the oil and put the synthetic in (next time).
Synthetics are the way to go.
I use Mobile1.

Goliath182 07-28-2011 08:41 PM

I just started to use it in my 230S this year, and it works really well so far.

King Quad 08-01-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by LT80 (Post 3051312)
There is no reason to clean it out. Drain the oil and put the synthetic in (next time).
Synthetics are the way to go.
I use Mobile1.

The reason to clean it out as per the dealer was to flush the system with a change run it in place then drop it. This way the oil would not mix. Synthetic and standard.

I did a little reasearch and found this on the amsoil site.
Looks like I stand corrected.

Changing Over to Synthetic Oil

Some people have concerns about changing over to synthetic oil from conventional oil. Old wives tales say that "synthetics are not compatible with conventional oil" or "synthetics are too slick" or "synthetics will ruin your seals". Fortunately, these tales are false.
Good synthetic motor oils are fully compatible with any conventional motor oil. (Though you lose a lot of the benefits if you mix good synthetics with conventional oil.) They work great in any mechanically sound engine but will not fix existing problems...
As an example, high-mileage cars that have not been well maintained may have bad engine seals that are being plugged by sludge and varnish from conventional oil. A cleaner synthetic oil can clean out enough sludge and varnish for the bad seal(s) to start leaking more. In this case synthetic oil will not repair bad seals.