ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   suzuki lt230e (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/348605-suzuki-lt230e.html)

Brandon Suzuki230 01-12-2013 08:34 PM

suzuki lt230e

hi im currently in the process of rebuilding my 1991-92 lt 230e and i would like to dress it up a little ex. nerf bars and rims stuff like that.But I'm not having any luck finding parts that fit are there parts for other models that will work? any help is greatly appreciated thanks, Brandon

RiderRob 01-13-2013 10:53 PM

ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts, Motocross Gear, Motorcycle parts and Motorcycle Tires | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has wheels for the 230e and PRM-ATV Aluminum Bumpers, Skid Plates, Grab Bars, Six Pack Cooler Racks, Cargo Racks, Nerf Bars, and Heel Guards - HOME has bumpers, grab bars and skid plates that are made for the older 230s but should fit yours too. I put a rear grab bar from prm on my 230e and it was a tight fit but it went on without any modification and you can get their products powder coated different colors

Brandon Suzuki230 01-13-2013 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by RiderRob (Post 3161983)
ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts, Motocross Gear, Motorcycle parts and Motorcycle Tires | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has wheels for the 230e and PRM-ATV Aluminum Bumpers, Skid Plates, Grab Bars, Six Pack Cooler Racks, Cargo Racks, Nerf Bars, and Heel Guards - HOME has bumpers, grab bars and skid plates that are made for the older 230s but should fit yours too. I put a rear grab bar from prm on my 230e and it was a tight fit but it went on without any modification and you can get their products powder coated different colors

Awesome thank you

Brandon Suzuki230 01-25-2013 04:21 PM

does anyone know if i can use a regular flywheel puller or do i need to get the special on from suzuki?

jel08270 02-15-2013 10:28 AM

Dont use that puller bye one that treads into the flywheel they r cheap da puller that grabs on the outside of flywheel can n will damage it i know because i did it.so dont chance it

suzi230e 09-18-2013 06:32 PM

suzuki 230e wiring

I cant get my quad to run. No spark. starter will spin when connected directly, hooking up new starter coil as old one cracked. Lights work, engine will roll over when pulled, but no spark to start. I also do not have the housing for the neutral or reverse indicator and tried to by pass my neutral safety switch by direct connecting the two wires that use to go into the housing at the back of the engine. The wire that comes out of the neutral indicator in front of the front sprocket is just hanging and not attached. Does this wire have to be grounded. Could the CDI or regulator be bad? I have never heard of them going bad unless they were damaged or fried from bad electrics. HELP!!!

jel08270 09-19-2013 06:19 AM

Hello I have n 89 lt230e there is a kill switch on your handle bars on the left this must be on!!! If it is turned off your starter will not engage unless you jump the starter therefore you will have no spark.Now could this be what you r trying??? Because this happened to me my son keeps turning the quad off this way n leaven the key drives me nuts. LOL hope this helps

1badsuzuki 10-22-2013 03:24 PM

New owner LT230E

Just bought an LT230E and having a few issues. Cleaned Carb and bad gas and it started right up and runs great although the swing arm bearings are shot and this lead to cracking the plate directly behind the engine sprocket. I have looked but I can not find this part. Please tell me it is not part of the case because it looks like it comes off of the case? Any body that can help?

jel08270 10-22-2013 05:07 PM

lt230E retainer model H

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 1badsuzuki (Post 3217190)
Just bought an LT230E and having a few issues. Cleaned Carb and bad gas and it started right up and runs great although the swing arm bearings are shot and this lead to cracking the plate directly behind the engine sprocket. I have looked but I can not find this part. Please tell me it is not part of the case because it looks like it comes off of the case? Any body that can help?

Does this look like the part you broke?

Attachment 8019

If so you can order it www.suzukipartsmonster.com.Search your Model there.
You can find it under Transmission its called a Retainer I would buy a new seal and rubber O ring also.
This one is off my 1987 lt230e QuadRunner Model H it is different then models j-k-l-m-n-and -p.
Look on your Frame in front of your Gear Shifter there should be a serial number and find out the 10th letter is, any letter after H will be 1988 and up Model H is a 1987 Model J is 1988 Model K is 1989 you get my drift.
The part is #46 for Model H 24751-35b01.cost $40.04
any Model letter after H is also #46 but part number 24751-35b10.cost $31.54.
You are going to have to pay for shipping so find out what you need before ordering and get it all at once.:blahblah:
Let me know how you make out.
I forgot to say if you messed up any bolts on that retainer order them too.
Your swing arm bearings you can buy on Ebay for much cheaper.

jel08270 10-22-2013 06:25 PM

lt230s 230e lt250s Rear Bearings need to regrease them

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I learned the hard way!!
after market Rear Axel Bearing has not enough Grease in them so you must repack them before installing them.
This is how I got the Dust Seals off.
Attachment 8023

I used a small pick and pried under the inner part of seal and it come out easy,I try to remove it from the outer side and it started to bugger it up.
Attachment 8024

One side has no Grease!!!:crazy:

The other side has very little Grease!!!:huh:
Attachment 8022
So do yourself a favor and grease them.
On my lt230e I only got less then two years on my new rear bearings they were starting to get a lot of play and a friend who races told me all new dirt bikes they take them apart and grease all wheel bearings and even the bearing in the front fork triple tree.
The factory just puts a quick dab of grease on them and off they go.:go crazy:
Maybe why so many old Quadsports and QuadRunners throw their Chains.