Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2007 Suzuki eiger 400 running rich

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suzuki eiger 400 running rich

Hello my buddy was riding my suzuki and i was riding behind him and all of a sudden it was red hot and shooting flames out the exhaust. I always had a problem with the petcock so i order a aftermarket one that bypasses the vacuum it has on, off and res and i put a plug on the nipple of the carb where the vacuum line went to. I also got a carb rebuild kit and changed all that out. But the wheeler is still running rich i was riding it and my buddy was behind me and said he could smell it was running rich and gave him a headache it is also ruff idle. I pulled the spark plug and it was black the wheeler has 1400 miles on it and i dont think the plug has ever been changed there is a NGK CR7E in there now. I also tried adjusting the idle mixture screw it was out 2 turns i tried 1.5 and 1 but its still running rich. Air filter is also clean Any recommendations ? Thanks

Old 05-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jakefinley
Hello my buddy was riding my suzuki and i was riding behind him and all of a sudden it was red hot and shooting flames out the exhaust. I always had a problem with the petcock so i order a aftermarket one that bypasses the vacuum it has on, off and res and i put a plug on the nipple of the carb where the vacuum line went to. I also got a carb rebuild kit and changed all that out. But the wheeler is still running rich i was riding it and my buddy was behind me and said he could smell it was running rich and gave him a headache it is also ruff idle. I pulled the spark plug and it was black the wheeler has 1400 miles on it and i dont think the plug has ever been changed there is a NGK CR7E in there now. I also tried adjusting the idle mixture screw it was out 2 turns i tried 1.5 and 1 but its still running rich. Air filter is also clean Any recommendations ? Thanks
Several things. When you put the carb kit items in, did you match the old jets to the new ones ensuring they were the correct size? Did you get the float adjusted correctly? If you changed the jet needle, did you install the clip in the correct postion ( usally the middle/third grove ) and did you ensure you installed all the diaphragm parts....and installed them in the correct order? Did you possibly forget to install the needle jet?
Suzuki ATV Parts 2007 LT-F400F CARBURETOR Diagram

Old 05-31-2016, 11:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nothing

Old 05-31-2016, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

If everything is adjusted per spec, you can still tune it to run better. Maybe try a Dynojet stage 1 kit? I put a wideband O2 on my 2001 AC 500 (Suzuki motor) Was surprised how rich it ran at low speed, played with the Dynojet needle and ended up with a bigger main jet, now almost perfect 12.5/1 A/F from idle to wot.