Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Hanging idle z250 Quadsport

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanging idle z250 Quadsport

The quad has been sitting for a while. I put fresh gas in it, pulled on the choke and it started right up. It has always been cold blooded so I let it warm up. I pushed the choke off and the idle remained high. No adjustment would bring it down. It accepts throttle and does not die. The idle hangs up about 2500 with the choke on when cold and with it off when warm. When parked it was running very good with normal idle.

Can anyone give me some direction.

Thanks
Aloha302

Old 10-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If it's the cv carb with the black plastic top you can reach in from the back of the carb and push the vacuum slide up several times and see if that helps lower the idle when you crank it up. If no change then looks like it's time to tear into the carb. Sitting with gas in them for extended periods without having stabilizer in them just screws up carb jets and other parts with stinky old varnish.Cables can also stick and possibly even the throttle shaft that operates the butterfly valve could be sticking,but you'd still have to take the carb off in most cases to clean things up.