Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT80 - Problems starting, and then stalling.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 05:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

But Frank, I had a extra..and you didn't notice..right?

Motc777: I utilize a simple on/off valve inline as close to the carb as possible. Then you can shut the fuel off and run the machine till the carb is dry. That way when you want to ride, you turn the valve on and it fills the bowl and washing the needle (that's my theory anyway).

Old 07-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT80
But Frank, I had a extra..and you didn't notice..right?

Motc777: I utilize a simple on/off valve inline as close to the carb as possible. Then you can shut the fuel off and run the machine till the carb is dry. That way when you want to ride, you turn the valve on and it fills the bowl and washing the needle (that's my theory anyway).
Got it. So going way back to the beginning of this entire bombastic saga, you do not think anything is wrong with the carb per se, like needing to replace it? Also, you do not think it's a clutches issue I assume?

Old 07-28-2017, 07:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Carb is prolly ok. If it persists you can get a rebuild kit and replace the needle and seat.
A lot of carb issues since ethanol.
Clutchs? I'm sure they need maint but let's get it running good.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT80
Carb is prolly ok. If it persists you can get a rebuild kit and replace the needle and seat.
A lot of carb issues since ethanol.
Clutchs? I'm sure they need maint but let's get it running good.
Update:

The quad is running awesome right now. Son got on it today, was a little sluggish at first, but fine otherwise. It is, or was idling pretty high, which I found out from the owners manual is that idling screw and that causes the lurching. I finally got it under control and it's idling nicely. Also, the engine is not dying either. Is it possible that it just needed to run flat out for awhile?

Anyway, we need 4 new tires. I don't have the tools to mount them. What is a fair price for a shop to mount tires?

Also, what are your views on running Seafoam through the engine?

Old 07-31-2017, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it's running well...sometime the crankcase can get flooded with fuel and cause poor running conditions until it is cleared out...that can take some time...

Tires - that really depends on the shop...some will do it for $10/tire, some a lot more...

Seafoam - I use it on my 4-stroke Vmax (mix with fuel) to help keep the pilot jets clean, but I'm not a fan of running anything through the motor...and if you dump seafoam into the tank, on a 2-stroke, it will run through the motor...so personally - no, I do not use seafoam on anything 2-stroke related...