Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2007 Suzuki LTZ-50 Won't Move. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT80
Yes, no compression, no power. These 50cc 4 strokes have so lil power in the first place.
Far be it for me to argue with the dealer...but, After ripping all that apart, don't it make sense to put a new piston in also?! I think pistons wear too.
I was planning on putting both a new piston and new rings.

I got most of it apart today and will split the crankshaft case/cylinder tonight (the crankshaft is sandwiched and you have to take apart everything to change the piston and rings). Ridiculous if you ask me.

I will post a few videos of things as i seem them for you to confirm.

LT80 thank you so much for your help. I would be lost on this little thing with out your help. You don't even know....

Old 05-15-2017, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, no compression, no power. These 50cc 4 strokes have so lil power in the first place.
Far be it for me to argue with the dealer...but, After ripping all that apart, don't it make sense to put a new piston in also?! I think pistons wear too.
Ok. I tore down the engine completely tonight and here is what i found:

The CVT case where the drive shaft rides was completely destroyed.
is a video of the damage.
is a video of the play in the shaft.

The cylinder looks pretty good. I didn't see any deep groves or abnormal spots. It is very smooth and felt nothing with my finger tips.
is a video of the cylinder.

The piston didn't have tons of wear on it either.
is a video of it.

is a video of the bendix and drive clutch.
is a video of the drive clutch shoe movement. Is this movement ok or is it to tight?

What are your thoughts on my drive clutch?

So what I am thinking I will do is scotch brite the cylinder and clean with carb cleaner, install new piston, rings and valve stem seals, and get a CVT case with new drive gear shaft and new counter shaft and a new belt. This should solve my problem.

Do you agree?

Old 05-16-2017, 08:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The clutch is fine.
When you get the new piston, measure it. I'm curious of the wear.
IMO, you don't need any of the case and gears. In and out movement is normal as is the case part/gear you think is bad..
Non of the clutch stuff has anything to do with comp.
Piston/rings, valve seals, gaskets and you're ready to go.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Trailblazer

Just to make sure. Did you see all the wear in the hole where the drive shaft journal rides and the teeth wear on the counter shaft and drive shaft? Have you seen that before? I just hate to have it all apart and not fix it.

Also forgot to mention that when I took off the housing to get to the drive shaft gear the oil was metallic from all of the shavings.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I looked, for what that parts costs, I'd get that case too! i thought it would be a lot more.
The rip off sit locally has it at $112. That means you should be able to find it on the internet for 80-90 bucks IMO.
Part # 11340-22G50 as I see it.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

I looked, for what that parts costs, I'd get that case too! i thought it would be a lot more.
The rip off sit locally has it at $112. That means you should be able to find it on the internet for 80-90 bucks IMO.
Part # 11340-22G50 as I see it.
Do you think I can reuse the countershaft and drive gear in the new case even though they have a good bit of wear?

Old 05-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

If it was me, I'd run them.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Trailblazer

10-4. I ordered a new CVT case and figured that I would reuse the counter shaft and drive shaft gear. I needed to make my order by 3pm CST so it would be processed today so I had to make the decision before hearing back from you. Glad you agreed.

I just got notification that several of the parts are coming straight from Suzuki so that will be at Partzilla Friday and then to me I guess by thursday.

I'll let you know when they get here and I get it all back together. Fingers crossed it works.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

If it was me, I'd run them.
whats the best way to clean all the carbon out of the valve area, valve seats and valves? Dremmel and small metal brush wheel?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I use the wire wheel on my 2 stroke heads with build up.