ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   00 king quad top speed??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/58907-00-king-quad-top-speed.html)

MUDDY4LIFE 03-14-2002 10:18 PM

I had mine to 95mph,only thing is,it was in the back of my pickup bed while traveling down the freeway.My speedo on my PU read 95mph.

A Honda Recon has a top speed of 45mph on a GOOD day.A Recon will outrun a KQ in ANY phase of a drag race.

You do the math?

Bill

Gowili 03-14-2002 11:22 PM

No dusty! That didn't help... I want Bill to buy the Steaks... I want steak--I want steak... Come on! Your grill too, at your house... I'll bring the brew... And forget that Recon bit. It was a fix from the start and you know it!!!
Chuck

robnhouston 03-15-2002 05:41 PM

Is it that time of the year for the KQ top speed question? Already?

I would have to agree with most that a stock KQ would be hard pressed to reach 55-60 without some extra mods. I'll stop short of saying it can't be done. I just think the 280cc and the 600# plus rider weight is asking a lot. One with bigger tires and I would have to say not. Mine will get up to 45 easily then stop...no more. I've got it up to about 48-49 before but it was a long haul and I believe a bit downwind and down hill. 55 down hill I've done once...that was more than I want. Going up a slight hill it'll hold 40 with the throttle pegged. I have front and rear racks and a small tool box added to mine, probably about 40#. I go 185#. Plus I usually keep the tires on the softer side.

Now as far as the satellites being incorrect...Bill. Well I guess there are some cruise missles still flying around lost somewhere.

Rob

Gowili 03-17-2002 05:14 PM

Too-shae Rob! Bill? Get those coals on the grill before you start looking for the missles... My man... He is bad to the bone. Nice home made grill too. Are you going to invite the others too or you gonna eat six to my one again? OK, he can't eat six to my one steak. Or----?
Chuck

MUDDY4LIFE 03-17-2002 08:45 PM

Chuck,
I talked to Eric Baatz yesterday while riding Bull Gap,he also was in full agreement with me.He said 45 mph top end was the normal for a stock KQ.Going down a hill at 55mph HARDLY constitutes the correct top speed on ANYTHING,muchless a KQ.Heck,even Robn H says 45 and it would do no more till he went downhill.

I would'nt get your mouth watering for the steaks just yet?I'll keep it interesting though.You show me a STOCK KQ that will accurately radar 55mph and I'll buy you a fresh 100.00 box of YOUR favorite steaks.If I win,YOU buy me a steak dinner at the steakhouse of YOUR choice?

''better be figuring which steak house your going to take me to''?

Bill

truck 03-18-2002 08:59 AM

Hey guys it would be great if we could just get 45mph out of his KQ.There always someone that thinks theirs is faster than normal,we would just like to be normal.Thanks Daryl

superlowgear 07-09-2004 01:47 AM

00 king quad top speed???

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
I never said that your KQs speedo or your GPS never read 54mph,I said if thats what they read,they are both incorrect.I also said I'd bet ANYONE a 100 bucks that a stock KQ does not do 54mph[radar gun].I dont see anyone challenging me?

The military using my expertise to calibrate their satellites?Its been long known that even the military has not perfected the accuracy of all the satellites in use,and while using my expertise to calibrate them is very flattering coming from you,You know damn well my wk ends are allready taking doing Safety Classes.
[lol]

Have a good one!

Bill
ill take that challenge billy boy and my kq is a 92 so lemme know and we ll get after it man