Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

powervalve installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powervalve installation

I am in the process of installing my powervalve into my cylinder. I have it in there and now I am to the point where you install the powervalve cap on the opposite side of the cylinder. In the manual it says to turn the cap 360 degrees counterclockwise once you get the spring in. That would keep the powervalve spring loaded in the open position. I have read on a couple of 2 stroke sites to make sure the powervalve is in the closed position when installing the cylinder. The only way to keep the powervalve closed during installation of the cylinder is to load the powervalve cap clockwise instead of counterclockwise. On the OEM schematics for the powervlave at ronnies.com it shows at differant gear for the actuator than the manual. I have the same gear the manual does. The one the manual shows and I have has teeth all around the gear. The one on ronnies.com only has teeth on part of the gear .

Anyone ever installed this before?

Also, how does the actuator work?

chuck

Old 04-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powervalve installation

Yes you are doing it correctly. The power valve should stay open up until 5k rpm and then shut. I was confused when I first did mine because I was used to working on snowmobiles that had power valves that operated the opposite way...