Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

URGENT: LRD PIPES FOR LT500's!! PLACE YOUR ORDER!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT: LRD PIPES FOR LT500's!! PLACE YOUR ORDER!!

Ok guys, crank up the music and do a dance, because LRD will try to make us some pipes!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I just talked to LRD today and I'm trying to find 25 or more people who would be interested in buying a LRD adjustable pipe and silencer for the LT500. He was only selling 6 pipes per year, and that's why he stopped. If I can get at least 25 people who want pipes, he'll look into making a limited run for us. If I can get 50, that would be better. I won't be getting a commission for every order, so don't worry about that. Just get in the orders, because I sure want one of these babies.

So, give me your orders!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

super_kev

Old 05-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

I'd be interested in a silencer that fits that pipe (If they'll sell one seperately)
Already got the pipe..

Old 05-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, and the pricing would be in the high 5's, like $575. I know that's about $100 more than before, but he has to buy the stamps again, and that would cost a bit. Plus I'm sure he's making the most of the fact that there are a bunch of people who want the pipes. He said he had one guy call up and offer him $1500 for a pipe! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer

Superkev, have you ever tried the Paul Turner pipe? As I mentioned in another post, I moved over to one after trying a PSI pipe. It made such a huge difference that I find it hard to believe that the LRD could be noticeably better. Without going to an "out of the frame" drag pipe, I don't think it gets much better than the PT. I hate to keep touting products sold by Duncan Racing (since their people are sometimes less than pleasant and their prices are high) but I can't deny they have great stuff!

You can get a PT pipe and Fat Boy 2 silencer combo for $315 and have $260 left over! Use that cash for a new carb and K&N filter ...or a Coolhead with extra dome ...or VForce reeds, a quarter of Bud Light, and a long slow lap dance.

With a 45mm carb, I assume you have a drag bike. If not, you would probably be much better off with a 39-41mm PWK or Mikuni TMX (Unless you are running alcohol then maybe the 45 is fine). Running gasoline through a 45 on an LT500 has to cost you low end and snappiness when you are on and off the throttle for trail riding. If you have a drag bike then I would recommend a drag pipe.

I hope you don't take offense to my suggestions as some people do. I don't have a problem with LRD and in fact debated between them and Duncan a number of years ago when deciding on a supplier/builder. Since LRD bowed out of the LT500 game first, I am glad I picked DR.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Whoa!!!! 5bills!!!! Cough cough!!! I can't imagine them throwing away the stamps...
Mebbe triple is right... the #2 pipe doesn't look so bad afterall. The LRD pipe does make a big diff... but WOW!!! Not sure it's worth that much...

I had a set of cones made from AirCone in Henderson, NV for $89... I welded, cut, welded, cut,welded,cut.... but now I've got a pretty decent pipe... perfectly matched to my porting.. Guess my time is worth something though.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Duneattict, I'm glad to see someone else made a pipe for there LT. I had Aircone roll me some cones also. I've rolled my own a few times but for $6-$8 per cone it isn't worth it. I would love to see pictures if you have any. I have some of mine if you would like to see. prototypeaerospace@wi.rr.com
I aggree, I don't think they would throw away a stamp. Why would they? It don't take up much room.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I totally agree. But I thought that I'd let you guys know, if you REALLY wanted that LRD system. I'll end up going with Paul Turner. No, I don't have a drag bike. The 45mm came with it. So 39-41mm PWK or Mikuni TMX, huh? Ok, I have no idea what I want, you guys choose for me. You've seen the mods in my sig of what I have. That's about all I'll end up doing to it. What could I get for the 45mm Mikuni? The only thing I see on the carb is that's it's a "Pro", and it's a flatside, not a round topped one.

So what's this about cones from AirCone. I've never heard of this before. What are they? I do weld, so that could be an option. Give me some more info. Please. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Superkev you say you have a 45mm carb on one of your Zillas, my brother says he does too. He had to put in a top-end gasket kit and noticed the size of the carb he said its MUCH bigger than the stock 38mm and its a Flatslide Mikuni. Hes running it along with a DynoPort exhaust system, open airbox and V-Force reeds. He likes it a lot.
later
Superstar

Old 05-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: superkev
Yeah I totally agree. But I thought that I'd let you guys know, if you REALLY wanted that LRD system. I'll end up going with Paul Turner. No, I don't have a drag bike. The 45mm came with it. So 39-41mm PWK or Mikuni TMX, huh? Ok, I have no idea what I want, you guys choose for me. You've seen the mods in my sig of what I have. That's about all I'll end up doing to it. What could I get for the 45mm Mikuni? The only thing I see on the carb is that's it's a "Pro", and it's a flatside, not a round topped one.

So what's this about cones from AirCone. I've never heard of this before. What are they? I do weld, so that could be an option. Give me some more info. Please. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I might be interested in that carb... depending on what you want for it.. You SURE it's a 45 flat slide? Mikuni made a 44 round slide for years... but this might be something I'm not aware of.. I run a 41.5 pro series PWK on mine... great throttle response... not quite as much top end as with the big carb.
I've got a 39 Flat slide mikuni I'd trade ya????

AirCone will make any cone taper you desire... it's up to you to weld them together and make it all fit. You'll need cone specs before you can order from them... It's alot of work, and I'm not sure I'd do it again... But the pipe really WORKS (Computer matched to my porting specs)

I see trinity has been grindin' on your jug.. Stage 4 is their best, but I'm not too sure it's all that great. (Never spec'd a port job of theirs) It all depends on what your ports were designed to do and at what RPM. There are many go-fast recepies out there for the 500... All things must work 'together' as a package... not just bolt on mayhem.. Might be worth a call to Trinity for their recomendations.

Halflighter: Cool! I don't have any pics yet... but I just put it on last week... I need to get some uploaded to my pics page!
Not many folks roll their own... Mine's a drag pipe, so I took the easy way out... but it turned out pretty good. All tig welded and smooth. Not sure I'd do it again for all that work, but I'm really happy with how it runs.